10 Free Team Chat Apps in 2022 for Android & iOS
Building a team is a hard task. Communication is vitally important to create a strong and effective team. This is why you need a great tool to talk to each other.
By the way, if you are leading a team, you can’t do without 9 Free Team Management Apps. You will find great tools for tracking your team activities because chat apps are not enough to achieve great aims.
So we have created a list of cool applications that are aimed at chatting and discussing crucial moments. All of them are quite friendly to users and can be downloaded for free.
There are nice options for iOS, as well as Android users.
When it comes to team building and working on a big project, you can’t do without Slack. So let’s start with this app.
Slack is believed to be one of the most famous services, it is being used by millions of people all around the world. It’s especially loved by huge IT companies, such as JetBrains, for example. However, if your team has nothing to do with coding or engineering, you will still love Slack for its wide range of functions and friendly interface.
Why Slack is so popular and widely used by so many people? It’s all about its cool functions:
- It has all the tools for business communication. The most important thing is conversations. You can create as many as you want, and each of them will represent a separate flow of information. This is the best way to organize discussions.
- Use reactions to give feedback to messages. They look like emojis. This is a very powerful tool to say a lot without any single word.
- Enjoy private and public messages. Sometimes you want to share info with all of the team members but you may also want to have a private conversation. Slack allows you to do all these things.
- Export data from other famous apps, such as Asana, Zendesk, Google Drive, or Dropbox. This will save you precious minutes and even hours.
- Customize Slack so that you can concentrate on the things that really matter to you. To do it, go to settings and check notifications.
- Share various documents at the click of a button. This will be faster that sending them by email.
Slack is quite easy to use even if it is your first experience with the app. Try it and you’ll understand why so many people love its simple interface.
You can download Slack for free on the App Store and Google Play.
You may also like: 9 Anonymous Chat Apps that Don’t Require Phone Number
Today most people use Google services. They are quite simple and popular. That’s why we recommend that you try Google Chat. It can be a great service for big and small teams.
How does the service work? It works like Slack with the difference that instead of channels you have special rooms. This will come in handy when you need to manage multiple projects or you are in charge of different teams.
Here are the best functions provided by Google Chat:
- Create and share documents of different types. It can be presentations, texts, or spreadsheets. This will be especially easy if you use Google Docs. In this case, you can simply import the projects or files and give your team members access to them.
- To find some messages, don’t neglect the search function. This will ensure that you don’t have to bother your colleagues and ask questions that can be solved without them.
- Enjoy full security. Google services are famous for being safe. The developers of the app guarantee that nobody will ever access your chats. You can be 100% sure that your data is protected.
To sign up, you need to have a Google account. Use your mail for registration.
Download the application on the App Store or Google Play and enjoy a full range of functions at no cost.
Flock: Team Communication App
Here is another powerful business communication app. Meet Flock, one of the best team chats.
With the help of Flock, you can put all the files and work processes in one place. There is no need to write to your colleagues via email.
However, chatting isn’t the only option provided by Flock. Let’s look at some other functions:
- Start different channels for each of your projects. These little and simple steps will help you to divide the flows of information.
- Enjoy public and private chats. Sometimes you would like to talk to someone face to face. With Flock, it is super simple.
- Share different types of files. You can send presentations, photos, videos, or text documents. Save them at the click of a button.
- All the conversations are safe. You don’t need to worry about your security, your chats are encrypted properly. That’s why your data will never be revealed or given to a third party.
- Flock is easily compatible with many other services, such as Trello, Google, Asana, Jira, and many others. You can export data and send it to Flock.
- Use voice messengers. This is a good way to communicate at work, especially when you don’t have time to print the text.
Flock is free with its basic functions. If you want to go premium, it will cost you 4.5$ dollars. If you pay this sum, you will get 10 MB of memory, meaning your members can share more files.
Get the app on the App Store or Google Play for free.
If you are a student, you are probably familiar with Microsoft Teams. Yes, it is famous for being a video call application. However, it also serves as a good place to chat with your team members.
Microsoft Teams is often used by teachers and team leaders. The reason why it’s so is that the platform can work with a huge number of users. You can work with ten or a hundred people – Microsoft Teams will still work perfectly well. You can fully rely on the service.
To start using the app, you’ll need to download it and have an email.
Let’s look at the most impressive features of Microsoft Teams:
- Start a video conference at the click of a button. All the team members will receive notifications saying they need to be present.
- To divide people into groups, use channels. This function will come in handy if you have a big project. You can give each group of your teammates a task.
- Share your screen. This option is vitally important when you are dealing with educational or IT projects. However, other teams will also find the function very cool.
- Share all types of files. Send presentations, text documents, and even videos and GIFs.
- Use chats. You can communicate with your team without starting a video conference. These chats can be public or private.
- Enjoy cloud storage. If your project is huge, you will have to deal with a great number of various files. It’s too hard to keep all the files on your computer, it requires memory. That’s why the best decision is to keep all the stuff in the cloud.
Please note that the app requires memory, you can’t have it if you are running out of it. To download Microsoft Teams, you need at least 266 MB of phone memory. However, if you can’t download the app, feel free to use its web version right in your browser.
What is more, the app collects data about you. It tracks your location, your contacts, and other usage information. This data will be linked to your profile.
Microsoft Teams is free of charge. Both Android and iOS users can enjoy its cool functions and simple interface.
Chanty Team Communication
If you have to manage a big team, this application is a must. Chanty is a perfect tool for efficient team building and communication.
Chanty is aimed at increasing your teamwork. It will help you to save time and energy.
What is especially cool, Chanty is free if you have less than ten members. If your team is bigger, you’ll have to go premium. It will cost 3$ for each user. Therefore, if your team is formed by 12 people, you will pay 6$.
Now we can take a look at the best features of Chanty that are available right after the download:
- To start working, download the app and sign up. This will take you less than 2 minutes. To register a new user, the app will ask for your name (you don’t have to use the real one) and your email.
- Then create a workspace for your team and add all of them. If there are different tasks, it will be better to create several spaces so that people don’t bother each other. However, it’s vital to have a public chat for the whole project.
- Set deadlines to increase productivity. The deadlines can be private or shared. If someone happens to miss a fairly important deadline, you will be notified right in the app or via email. There is also a cool built-in task manager. Make sure you check it.
- Assign tasks. This will save you precious minutes. It will be much faster than sending SMS or chatting via email or messengers.
- Pin important things so that everybody can see them when they are back online.
- Search things in chat easily. There are cool search options that can help you find all the things you need. You can search by date or word.
Chanty is the best option for small teams. If your team has less than 10 members, Chanty is completely free.
The app is quite small, it will require 45 MB of your device’s memory.
Chanty is available on the App Store, as well as Google Play. Even though it’s free, there are no ads, which can distract your team and you from what really matters.
MyChat- this is a messenger for organizing the workflow. Its main advantage is the fact that you can use it as a messenger for a team of employees, and as a client service, that is, to communicate with customers.
Here you can apply all kinds of settings, for example, different themes (light, dark, colored), create different folders with chats to organize the workflow, as well as create separate groups for employees from different departments and for clients with different specifics.
Also, the advantage of Mychat is the fact that this messenger can work both from the regular mobile Internet and from the corporate network. Moreover, as the head of the department, you will be able to control all the processes and chat flows in MyChat.
Also, the developers of this application guarantee the complete absence of information leakage from MyChat to other messengers without your own desire. Of course, you will be able to forward various kinds of documents to users of other apps.
This application is known as a great tool for the educational process. It is loved by students and teachers. However, it doesn’t mean Discord can’t be used for team building and business communication.
To start working effectively, create a text channel in Discord. If you are dealing with more than one project, it’s better to create several channels.
Let’s review the best features you will explore in Discord:
- Create a safe place where you can share ideas and thoughts. This is an invite-only space so you can fully control what’s going on with the project.
- Use different ways of communication. Send text and voice messages, express yourself with the help of videos and GIFs.
- Share files with others. Send documents and presentations fast and easily. This will be secure and simple. Each of your team members can save this file.
- If your chat is huge, make sure you try moderation tools. For example, you can create bots that will perform some simple functions. If the task is a bit harder, you can’t do without a human. Add a moderator to keep order in your chats.
- Channels can be public or private. All the data will be encrypted so you won’t need to worry about your safety.
Discord is free to download. All the basic features will be available at no cost. Should you need some unique emojis or send huge files, try going premium. It will cost you 4.99$ per month.
Please note the app isn’t too small. You’ll need at least 149 MB to install it on your phone.
The app tracks some data about you, such as your location, purchases, usage info, and many other details. This data will be linked to you.
Get the app for free on Google Play, as well as the App Store.
Softros LAN Messenger
Another app that you could use for your team chat is Softros LAN Messenger.
In the Softros LAN Messenger app, users can instantly exchange messages within the same local network.
The interface of this app itself is quite simple and easy to use. All functions and their location are straightforward, so any user can easily communicate with colleagues or friends.
For convenience, users can sort their contacts into different groups based on project work or other characteristics. In addition, this app is very convenient for those employees who need to move around the office, and not sit in front of the computer all day.
To use this app, employees need to connect to the company’s network. Also, this app ensures the security of its users’ data using AES-256 encryption.
The app is also supported by a VPN and workers can connect to it to communicate with each other. In addition, the app has a well-developed file sharing function, which greatly facilitates the work.
Let’s take a look at a new powerful business communication app called Pumble. Its main aim is to connect people online, building a strong team for impressive projects.
Pumble is a small and elegant service. You will need 40 MB only to download it on your device. What is more, all the functions are free of charge with no ads. Sounds perfect!
How to use Pumble for business communication?
- Sign up with your email. Create an account and add all of your team members. To do it, you’ll need to know their email addresses.
- Create channels for different tasks. This will help you to divide your project into workflows.
- Send information with the help of messages. You can use text, pictures, videos, or even GIFs. Attach files and share them. It can be a text document, a presentation, or even an archived file.
- Pumble is a truly universal application, which will work on any device, be it a smartphone, a tablet, or your personal computer.
The app collects some data about you. However, it doesn’t mean your data isn’t safe. All the information won’t be linked to your identity.
The developers try to update the app regularly. Should you face any problems, don’t hesitate to contact the support. They are usually quite fast to respond and solve the problem.
Pumble is a relatively new service. However, it is done very professionally and worth trying. The application will be a great option for small, as well as big teams.
Both Android and iOS users can enjoy this amazing free application.
Do you appreciate teamwork and collaboration with professionals? Are you looking for a secure place to share ideas and discuss projects? If yes, Zangi Messenger is a great solution to your problem.
The app doesn’t collect any data about you, which makes it a safe place for your team. It doesn’t store any files or messages, even encrypted ones. This proves that security is a priority for the developers.
Now we can take a look at the best features of Zangi Messenger:
- The app uses a fast chat. It won’t take more than 2 seconds to send a message, even if they contain huge files.
- Enjoy HD voice and video calls. This is a perfect option for those who need to stay in touch all the time.
- The app will work even if your connection to the Internet isn’t quite good. Zangi Messenger will perform its functions no matter what happens. It will always adapt to the signal you have.
- Use cool stickers and videos to express your emotions. Most of them are free to use.
- There are many ways to chat. You can send private messages or talk to others in a public chat. This is a good way to solve working problems.
- Customize the app. Make sure you try the dark theme – it looks smart and elegant.
The only downside is that Zangi Messenger is quite big. It requires at least 210 MB of your phone memory.
The app is available for Android and iOS users. However, there are also great versions of Zangi Messenger for Windows or browsers. If you don’t want to waste your memory, work directly from your browser. Nevertheless, in this case, you need to have a good connection to the Internet.
You can also check: 11 Free Online Chat Games for Android & iOS