Have you ever faced the situation when you buy an app on iTunes or an App Store? Well, this article has you covered!
Frankly speaking, this situation is quite common because no matter how much research you do before paying for an app, there’s always a chance something will go wrong. For example, some features might not work as you expected or you simply might not be comfortable using it. At that moment you might want to ask Apple for a refund – this instrument is not being promoted, but you still can do that.
However, you will need to have an appropriate reason to request reimbursement. In other words, you can’t say it’s just not for you or you wanted for a free trial to be longer. The list of appropriate reasons includes the buyings by the accident, the situation when some claims are not working and more ( you can find the fuller list down below). There are several ways to request a reimbursement – some require you to write an email and some are automatic.
Here’s the list of 3 ways to get a refund on iTunes. Have a look!
What happens when you report a problem
Let’s figure out what will happen when you’ll try to report an issue with any application. Frankly speaking, you will have several different ways to solve it according to the app or in-app buying.
Besides, the way you report an issue completely determines what you’ll get. In some circumstances, you will get a direct refund and sometime you’ll need to go to Apple’s support. You can even be turned back to the app if there are any problems with appearing on your mobile.
Here are all the issues you can face up and the actions it will cause:
- I’d like to ask for a return – this is the basic problem for the situations when you’re not happy with an app. For solving that situation you will need to fill in the message pop-up, explaining why you would like to get your coins back. Depending on your request the company will decide whether you’ll get your return or not.
- I didn’t approve of this buying – if someone authorized a purchase without your permission, Apple’s support team will be happy to help you. You just need to visit the support page and fill in the form.
- Didn’t get or can not find the buying within the application- this situation goes for in-app buying. In that situation, you will need to write to the app’s developer and describe your issue. To do that you’ll need to visit the creator’s website and explain your troubles (you’ll need to move to the creator’s support page).
- App (or in-app) breaks to install or won’t be established – in this case, you will also need to reach the app’s maker. Write to their support team to get a detailed explanation of the steps you need to do.
- The app doesn’t operate or behave as demanded – in this case, you will also need to reach the app’s creator. Write to their support team to get a detailed explanation of the steps you need to do.
How to get a refund using your iPhone or iPad
Let’s discuss the situation when you need to request reimbursement using your mobile. Here needs to be said that there’re no ways to report a return using the iTunes Store or App Store. So, you will need to use your web browser. However, you can tell about your problem straight through email.
Here’s how you can do that:
- Open your mail; use the searching tool to find a certificate from Apple;
- Tap on the receipt of any purchase you would like to buy (you can also search by the date);
- Hit on the Report a Problem button;
- You will be turned to the problem reports page – here you will need to fill in your Apple ID and the password;
- Hit on Choose Problem and pick a suitable one in the pop-up; Attend all the instructions and wait for the answer – it will be ready in a couple of days.
Once you’ve followed all these steps it will be up to Apple’s support whether you’ll get your reimbursement or not. In case you will need to write a message to the developer make sure you’re being polite and respectful because you’re talking to the real person. It also needs to be pointed out that, the time limits for taking your coins back according to the way you’ve paid for your buying.
How to get a refund using iTunes on Mac or Windows
The second situation we’re gonna discuss is when you want to receive a return using iTunes on Mac or Windows.
So, to get started with all this process you will need to open your browser and visit Apple’s Report a Problem page (you can do it on your mobile or a PC).
After you open the page, you will need to log in with your users’ nickname and password. Type all info and tap on the submit page.
Here are the steps you will need to follow next:
- Move to the See All in the history of your purchases;
- Hit on the More switch next to the app you would like to get a reimbursement for (if you can’t find the application you will need to set up the date limits in the Filters section);
- Hit on Report a Problem under the app’s title;
- Hit on Choose a Problem and pick a suitable one in the pop-up menu: I didn’t authorize this buying; I didn’t mean to buy this item; I meant to buy another thing;
- The app fails to load or won’t be installed;
- The application doesn’t operate or doesn’t perform as expected.
- Follow all the steps that will appear on your screen – you may need to write on the support it to the developer.
After you’ve followed all these steps you’ll hear from Apple in a couple of days. While writing to the support be sure to be polite and respectful because you’re talking to a real person. In an extension of that, the time limits for taking your coins back according to the way you’ve paid for your buying.
How to get a refund using the web
And the last but not the least situation you might face with a reimbursement using the web. This situation fits great for the circumstances when you don’t want to deal with the iTunes app. In that case, you can ask for a reimbursement using any browser. So, let’s figure out how you can do that.
Here are the steps you will need to follow:
- First of all, go to Apple’s issue reports page;
- Log in with your personal nickname and the password (user name is usually an email address);
- Choose the category of the application you would like to get a return for;
- Hit on the Report an Issue switch next to an app’s title;
- Move to the Choose a Problem;
- Roll the page down and pick up the situations suitable for you in the pop-up menu;
- Follow all the steps you will see (you’ll whether the need to contact the developer or the support team).
In case you will need to write a message to the developer make sure you’re being polite and respectful because you’re talking to the real person.
Once you’ve followed all these steps you will hear back from Apple in a couple of days. Along with that, the refund timing will fully depend on the way you’ve paid for your purchase.