Have you ever noticed that your iPhone works slower than usual? Perhaps the problem is related to the cache. Can you try clearing the cache? This will allow your iPhone to free up memory and boost.
Unfortunately, this effect is temporary. The cache is data that is temporarily stored on your device for faster performance. For example, Instagram saves a cache of images for faster loading.
The app will not upload an image every time. It will already be cached. The cache is very often unnecessary, which is why it is so important to clear it. We’ll also talk about the benefits of clearing the cache at the end of the article.
How to clear the cache on iOS?
To clear the cache of an app on an iPhone, you need to follow a few steps. We have detailed each step for you.
- First, find your iPhone’s settings and open them. Settings are marked with a gear icon in the main menu.
- Find the iPhone storage tab. There you can see all the apps that are installed on your iPhone.
- Select the app from which you want to clear the cache or find the app with the most cache (We use Google Maps). Click on it.
- You will be able to see a page with a detailed description of the app. Click on the delete app tab. This should be done with standard apps. Your iPhone will delete all app data including the cache. It’s done.
- You can also offload the app. This will not clear the cache, but will temporarily delete the app. Thus, you can free up memory and boost your iPhone (optional).
How to clear the cache from Safari?
Safari is a great browser that unfortunately saves a lot of caches. Clearing the Safari cache will make your iPhone run faster. Here are some steps on how to clear cache from Safari.
- Go to the settings of your iPhone (gear icon), so if you want to completely clear the cache.
- Find the iPhone storage tab and click on it. Then find Safari in the list of apps.
- Click on the Clear History and Website Data tab. After that, all cache will be deleted from Safari.
- You can also delete specific cache data. To do this, in the Safari tab, click on Advanced and select Website Data (optional).
- You will see a list with caches of different web pages. Select what you don’t need and swipe to the left. Then click Uninstall. It’s done (optional).
Why is it important to clear cache?
Many cache files that are stored on your iPhone for a long time can harm it. It could be broken cache files. Such cache data will slow down your iPhone and also fill up memory.
Nobody likes a slow device. You can also try downloading a special app that automatically clears the cache. This will help you save time as well as clear out unnecessary cache. There are paid and free apps for automatic cache clearing. Choose the one that suits your preferences the most.
Clearing the cache also helps to get rid of system problems. Your iPhone will have more space for software. Try to clear the cache regularly and then your iPhone will work longer without errors and delays.
You may also like: How To Make Apps Download Faster
How else can you clear the cache on an iPhone?
There are several more ways to clear the cache on the iPhone. Some of them are radical. The first way is to offload apps that you don’t need. You can do this in the iPhone settings in the storage tab. This will allow you to clear your memory. New cache information will not be saved.
The next way is to reset your device. This is a versatile way to deal with cache or bug problems. The third method will allow you to upload your photos to iCloud. Do not forget to clear the cache on your iPhone and then you will be pleased to use it.