7 Best Word Games Without Ads for Android & iOS
Do you like playing games? We all do. One of the best ways to relax is to enjoy good word games without ads.
It helps you to relax and train your brain at the same time. That’s why we decided to create a list of the best word games with no ads. Most of them aren’t free because the ads keep the content free for you. That’s why you will have to get a pro version or go for in-app purchases in most cases.
By the way, if you love playing on your smartphone, you should check 11 Best Interactive Story Games for Android.
There are good games for Android, as well as iOS users.
Word Search Pro
This is a trendy and exciting game that will test your smartness. What you need to do is to identify the hidden words. It will be a challenge!
However, should you face any difficulties, you can also change the difficulty. There are three modes: easy, medium, and hard. We recommend that you start with the easiest one.
However, there are more cool features. Let’s look at them:
- Simple interface. It’s an intuitive and easy tool. To choose the word, just tap on it and drag it to the center of the screen.
- An unlimited number of cool puzzles. You can play as long as you wish. You will never run out of options, which is great for big companies.
- Four great game modes. All the puzzles are divided into categories so that you can choose the topic you like.
- Should you feel the game is too difficult for you, don’t hesitate to check the hints. They will help you to solve the puzzles easily and fast.
- Enjoy elegant animations. It makes your experience better.
- Customize the app according to your needs and tastes. Play with colors and try different modes. We strongly recommend you the dark one.
This game will help you forget about writing words on paper. Try the game and you will see how simple and comfortable it is.
The game is quite small for such a huge set of functions – you will need only 113 MB to download it.
You can get the app on the App Store and Google Play.
You may also like: 15 Best Anime Video Games for Android & iOS
Here is another great application for those who like playing word games. It will be a perfect challenge for your and your friends’ brains.
By the way, playing any word game for at least ten minutes a day will help you increase your ability to focus and be attentive to little details.
Most of the users who have downloaded the application find it great. This is proven by a huge number of positive comments.
Let’s take a look at the best features of Wordscapes:
- Try many different background themes. You can try various colors and even pictures. You will be able to see beautiful flowers or landscapes while solving puzzles. Sounds great, isn’t it?
- There are many cool tasks you will enjoy. There are anagrams, crosswords, puzzles, and many others. Try them all to see what you like most.
- To solve crosswords and puzzles, you need to look at all the letters and then draw a line between them to form a word.
- Try tournaments or play for fun. You can relax while playing. In this case, there will be an unlimited number of tries. However, if you feel like competing with each other, you can always go for the tournament mode.
The app collects your data, such as your user info or location, but it doesn’t link it to you. The free version contains some ads but you can easily remove them forever.
Both Android and iOS users can enjoy a great ads-free game.
This is a great application packed with a big number of puzzles. Word Collect is considered to be one of the most popular word games in the world.
It has a simple and intuitive interface. When you download Word Collect, you can start playing at once.
Let’s review the best functions of Word Collect:
- There are more than 2500 different levels you can explore.
- When you log in to Word Collect for the first time, you will be given 500 coins as a present. You can spend them later to have some hints and enjoy bonuses.
- You can play at any time. It’s no problem if you are disconnected from the Internet. All the range of functions will remain available.
Should you need any premium functions, you can always go premium. One week will cost you 7.99$. If you use the free version, you will have to put up with ads. This will remove all the ads forever.
The game is available on the App Store, as well as Google Play for free.
You may also like: 21 Best Mobile Board Game Apps for Android & iOS
Bonza Word Puzzle
This is a relatively old game, it was firstly released in 2014. In the same year, it was chosen as the best word game.
It looks like a dynamic crossword, always changing and challenging you. It’s high time you tested your smartness.
This is the best option for those who like to play a lot. Don’t worry, you will never run out of cool puzzles thanks to daily challenges. New words are being added all the time.
Do you feel like creating new puzzles yourself? It’s great, you will have such an opportunity. Add your puzzles to enrich the game, and other players will appreciate it.
The size of the app is more than 90 MB. Keep this fact in mind if you are running out of your phone memory.
You can get Bonza Word Puzzle on the App Store, as well as on Google Play for free. To get premium features, make sure you try in-app purchases.
Alphabear: Words across Time
Here is another nice word game for people of all ages. This is the second part of the game created by Spry Fox in 2015. It was enhanced in many ways so now you can enjoy the best version of it.
As you might guess from the name of the game, the main characters are represented as bears. You aim to collect as many of them as you can.
How to do it? Just solve puzzles provided by Alphabear. When you are stuck with some of them, don’t hesitate to use hints.
Enjoy bear humor and listen to their funny speech while playing! Those who know the characters will appreciate such a function.
You can download the word game and play it for free. There will be some in-app purchases if you want to unlock new bears faster.
By the way, if you like reading and playing, there is no need to divide these two activities. Just read 11 Best Text-Based Games for Android & iOS.
There is also a great built-in dictionary. It’s not connected to puzzles but it can come in quite handy if English isn’t your mother tongue. This will help you to memorize new words easily, it’s very effective if you don’t like traditional ways of studying.
You can get this cool puzzling game on Google Play, as well as on the App Store.
Letterpress – Word Game
Do you like playing with your friends? Are you in love with solving great and challenging puzzles? If yes, Letterpress is the best option you can choose.
There are at least three ways to play the game, and each of them has its advantages.
- Play with random opponents. This is the best mode if you love competitions with various people. You can set the difficulty to filter some of the players.
- Play with your friends. In this case, they will need to download the app too. Or you can use only a smartphone passing it from one to another.
- Play with the Letterpress bot. You can set the difficulty as well so that playing will be comfortable and not too easy.
There are many other cool features you will probably like:
- Chat with other users in real time. You can then pick them as opponents or just talk for fun.
- All the features are available for free meaning you can enjoy a wide range of functions without paying a single dollar for them. However, if you want to speed up your progress, you can upgrade your game.
- The app supports English and Spanish.
- The size of the game is relatively small – 53 MB only. If you take a great number of options into account, you’ll realize how small the app is.
- Developers collect some data about you but they don’t link it to you, so you can fully trust the app.
The game is rated 4.7 out of 5 on the App Store and 4.4 on Google Play. It’s worth trying! Get it now for free.
You can also check: 25 Cool Android Games with Controller Support
Look at this brilliant word game. We bet you will fall in love with these puzzles at the first glance.
However, you won’t find typical word puzzles there. Instead of them, there will be smart allegories you’ll have to understand.
It looks like a book you read. However, you will need to fill in the gaps while scrolling the text. It’s not that easy – to find a good answer, you need to be attentive and never miss little details. Try to follow the story and predict what can happen next.
Most users who have already played the game love its dark humor and challenging word puzzles. They say the story is thrilling and unpredictable.
It’s the best way to entertain yourself when you are tired after work or school.
One of the most striking disadvantages is that the story turns out to be too short. Some people also complain about dull gameplay but it will depend on your tastes.
The game supports English and German. It doesn’t matter what language you choose – it won’t affect your experience with the story thanks to good translation.
We can’t recommend such a game to children. The rating allows them to play but the game can turn out to be too difficult for them.
So you need to download the game anyway! It will bring new great experiences to your life.
Unfortunately, the game isn’t free of charge. The game is super small – its size is 4.6 MB only.
You can get this amazing word game on the App Store and dive deep into the great story.