9 Best Anagram Solver Apps for Android & iOS
Do you often try solving complicated and challenging anagrams? If yes, you have probably faced the situation when you struggle to find the correct answer.
This is why a good anagram-solving application might help you greatly. We have collected the best apps to solve crosswords and anagrams, even the most difficult ones.
By the way, if you want to find cool crossword games, you should read 15 Free Crossword Apps for Android & iOS 2021.
There are good options for Android, as well as iOS users. Some apps are free, others are paid with a free trial period.
Anagram Solver – Crosswords
Let’s take a look at a great application for iOS. It’s a good option for people who love solving crosswords and anagrams but can’t succeed at times.
The app is famous for its simple and friendly interface, as well as its fast speed of work.
Now let’s review some of the best features provided by Anagram Solver:
- The app has a huge database that contains more than 400 thousand words.
- Use advanced search to solve the most difficult anagrams. It will help you to find the answer even when you know just a few letters. What you need to do is print the word without the letters you don’t know. You will see a list of options.
- The app can also help you with multi-word anagrams. The principle of the search will remain the same.
- Use powerful filters to get the most relevant options for your anagram.
- Check the definitions in the application. This option will help you to understand if the word you have found is the correct answer or not.
We want to draw your attention to one fact – Anagram Solver collects some data about you, such as your location, purchases, and usage data. These details are linked to you.
The app is free with in-app purchases. However, most of the functions are available for free so you can solve your anagrams at no cost.
Anagram Solver is available on the App Store, as well as Google Play. Get it now to help yourself solve the hardest anagrams!
You may also like: 7 Free Multiplayer Boggle Games for Android & iOS
Crossword Clue Solver
Are you solving a hard crossword and you are tired of thinking about the answer? Then you need to download Crossword Clue Solver! It will be highly useful if you know at least two letters of the word.
Crossword Clue Solver is a universal aid for everyone. It collects words from the Internet, as well as from analyzing the search results.
Let’s see what you can do in the app:
- Crossword Clue Solver has a super simple interface and minimalist design. When you open the app, you will see just a search line. Print the word with missing letters and study the options.
- The database is really big and it’s been updated all the time meaning you are highly likely to find the right answer. You can also check the definition to make sure it is the answer you are looking for.
The app needs you to be connected to the Internet. This is vitally important for the database to be updated all the time.
What is more, the app is also super small – it needs about 16 MB to be installed.
You can get the application on the App Store at no cost. Download it now and start solving the anagrams easily and fast.
The Word Finder
If you often play scramble or love solving anagrams, this one will be a good choice. As you can see from the title, The Word Finder helps you find the word you are looking for.
It doesn’t matter how many letters you already know, you can start searching. Even if it’s only one letter.
Here are some other features you will get:
- Once you open the app, you will see the search. Type the word with missing letters and start studying the options. This will be especially easy if you check the definition as well. The definitions are already built-in.
- To make the search more effective, you should replace the missing letters with “?”. In this case, the app will understand that you don’t know these letters.
- Hide some results. If you know for sure that some letters are not the correct answer you are looking for, you can always hide them not to spend your time.
- The app gives you all the options at no cost. However, there are some ads (which are removable for money).
- The Word Finder is very lightweight. It requires 22 MB of your phone memory.
The app is rated 4.7 out of 5 on the App Store. Users love it for its easy interface and fast speed of search.
There is no version for Android users, unfortunately. You can download the application for free and start winning in the scramble game and solving hard anagrams.
The Crossword & Anagram Solver
Here is another nice application for crossword and anagram solving. When you can’t solve something yourself, you can always get this anagram aid and find the correct answers.
The application is simple to use. It has only one option – search for the options using the letters you know.
This app is a bit different from others mentioned in this list:
- The Crossword & Anagram Solver contains a great number of English words. But this is a typical function for most of the apps mentioned here. But it has another great feature – there are also phrases, which will help you to search easier and faster.
- Check the definitions. If you aren’t sure about the word you have found, make sure you check the definition. When you tap at the word, you will be given a definition and explanation right in the app. There will be no redirection, all the definitions are built-in.
- The developers added a new function called the technical report. This will help you to fight hard problems and make the app a better service.
The size of the app is medium – it is about 51 MB. This Anagram and Crossword Solver supports only one language – English.
You can get the application on the App Store. It is free with some in-app purchases and ads.
Crossword/Anagram Solver Free
Here comes a great anagram solver application! How does the service work? It is a huge database of different words.
To use the app, go to the search line and print the word, omitting the letter you don’t know. The app will analyze the input and give you a long list of words that can fit.
This isn’t the only cool feature about Crossword and Anagram Solver:
- The app works pretty fast. It usually takes a few seconds to search and get possible answers. Even though the database is huge, it won’t take long to find the options. The app is truly universal but it’s especially useful when you play Scrabble.
- You can search offline. The database is available with no Internet connection. However, we recommend that you update the app at times as it will be enriched with every single update.
- Anagram and Crossword Solver is 100% free. There is no need to create an account or choose any type of subscription. Just download and start solving anagrams at once!
However, there is a pretty serious disadvantage – the app can’t solve all the anagrams, sometimes you won’t find any words that can match the answer you are looking for. That’s why the solver might be helpless at times.
By the way, if you are looking for a cool list of word games with no ads, you need to take a look at 7 Best Word Games Without Ads for Android & iOS.
The app is super lightweight – you will need 1.6 MB only. You can get it for free on Google Play.
Now let’s take a look at another application for Android users. It is packed with a great number of cool features. Now it’s time to focus on them.
The main aim of the app is to help you solve anagrams and complicated crosswords. The only thing you need to do is to give the app a few letters.
Here are the best features of Crossword Solver:
- There are more than 400 thousand English words in the database of the application. This is more than enough to solve most of the anagrams.
- If you want to know how the word is pronounced correctly, feel free to use the audio function.
- Study the definitions properly. When you tap at the word, you will be redirected to the Wikipedia page with the definition.
Please note that the app doesn’t always take the order of letters into account so if you enter the word ‘man’, you can also be given the option ‘name’. However, if many letters are missing, it might even help you.
The app is quite small – you will need less than 6 MB to install it on your device.What is more, the app is 100% free.
Unfortunately, there is no version for iOS users, you can get Crossword Solver on Google Play only.
Crossword Solver King
This app works like other crossword and anagram solvers mentioned above. However, it’s a bit different. The first thing is that its database contains over 500 thousand words of different topics.
To start searching, you need to put the letters you already know in the search.
What is especially cool is that you can also search by related words and use synonyms. This will broaden the area of search but at the same time, it might be helpful if you have no idea about the answer.
The app is also packed with various hints and tips. They will help you to understand in what area you should look.
This crossword solver is 100% free of charge. However, there will be some ads but they aren’t full-screen so you won’t be distracted or confused.
Unfortunately, you can get this cool Crossword Solver King on Google Play only.
Clever – Crossword Clue Solver & Anagram Solver
When you are solving a difficult crossword puzzle, you might be frustrated when you can’t solve an anagram. This problem would prevent you from going further. This might drive you crazy!
In these cases, you can’t do without a good anagram, solving application. Here is one of them. Let’s look at the features provided by Clever:
- The app contains over 400K English words from different topics. This is why you will easily find what you are looking for. If you fail to get the correct answer for your anagram, contact support and tell them about the problem and suggest adding a new word. This will enrich the database.
- See the definition to check if the word is suitable for your anagram or crossword. What is more, you may also check the pronunciation if you want. When you tap at the word, you will be shown its definition and examples.
- The app is lightweight – its size is 13 MB only, meaning it won’t decrease your battery life.
- The search works pretty fast. It takes about 3 seconds to get a list of options for your anagram. However, the more letters are missing, the slow this process will become.
However, some users complain that the app crashes at times. When they open it again, it keeps working, though.
Another downside is that the app isn’t customizable, there are no themes to choose from. You can’t change the interface as well.
The app doesn’t have an iOS version so only Android users can enjoy it for free.
It’s time to break all the rules and search for the answer in a good application. Word Breaker is a very good option that is effective and simple.
This service can help you with many tasks, such as solving anagrams, crosswords, and puzzles. Created in 2011, it remains one of the best solvers.
Let’s see what you can do in the app at no cost:
- Explore different modes of search. You can place the words as a crossword or a list. Try both of them to decide which one is better.
- Discover different themes. That’s a perfect way to customize the app and make it more beautiful. If you want to save your battery life, try an elegant dark mode.
- Enjoy Local Dictionary. You can easily use the application when you are disconnected from the Internet. You can solve hard anagrams offline thanks to this cool function. However, you need to update the app at times to enrich the database of the word.
- Use filters to search faster. For example, you can set the filters based on the length of the word. This will remove irrelevant options.
- If you are solving anagrams in another application, you can speed up the process. To do it, just take a screenshot and import it to Word Breaker. It is much faster than printing the words manually. Make sure you zoom
Please note that the app collects some data about you. For instance, it tracks your IP address. There is no way to prevent it.
You can get the app on Google Play for free.
You can also check: 8 Best Word Games With Pictures for Android & iOS