If you want to learn to drive, you need to practice a lot. Sometimes you have no opportunity of driving a real car.
That’s not a huge problem. Just try a good application that simulates driving. In this list, you will see many tutorials on how to deal with mechanical transmission.
By the way, if you love racing and NFT, take a look at these best NFT racing games.
However, if you want to learn the mechanical aspects of a car (such as the way its engine works), you can also see some apps devoted to it.
There are great apps for Android and iOS users.
Driving School Sim
This is one of the most universal car driving applications. Not only does it help you to learn to drive a car but it also allows you to have fun.
The graphics are also perfect. It looks realistic and colorful.
Now let’s concentrate on the best features you will get in Driving School Sim:
- Discover a wide variety of cars. For example, you can try sports cars, crossovers, and many other models. This will allow you to understand what you like most.
- Try to learn various transmissions, both mechanical and automatic ones. The simulator looks truly realistic as if it was a car. We bet learning to drive using mechanical transmission is a challenge!
- Explore different maps. This helps you to try driving in different locations, such as big cities, small old-town roads, and many other interesting places.
- Play with other players. Make sure you invite your friends to race against each other. There is a multiplayer mode that allows you to play with a big number of people.
- Take a free ride. In this mode, there are no opponents and no time limits. You can just drive and relax. What’s more, if you are learning how to use mechanical transmission, this option is also a good choice.
- Visit gas stations when you are in the city or a small town. This makes the simulator super realistic as you also have to control the amount of gasoline you have.
- Try to be the first. This is one of the most motivating factors as you have to fight with others for the best rankings. For sure, those who end up in the top-10 will be given cool rewards.
The app has a pretty good rating on the App Store and Google Play. Most users love a big number of cars they can try at no cost.
However, here comes a pretty serious disadvantage – you will need at least 2.5 GB to install and play it. If you don’t have enough memory, the game won’t work properly.
You may also like: 7 Best Games Like Rocket League
Learn to Drive
Here comes a typical car driving application. It isn’t actually a simulator but it can still teach you how to drive.
All the content is divided into topics. For instance, there are materials connected to the rules, parking, one-line and two-line roads, as well as dealing with challenging situations on the road.
There is also a section on how to deal with the manual transmission.
Here are the best functions you will be given at no cost:
- Watch cool animations. This will make your learning much faster as you will clearly see the process and its mechanics. You can watch these animations as many times as you need. You may also slow down the animations’ speed to see everything.
- Do exercises and tests. Not only do you have to see the materials but you also have to test your knowledge and skills.
- Read articles and books devoted to driving. This is also a good thing to do if you are learning to drive.
- Get ready for the test. If you need to learn the rules, this is the fastest way of doing it. You can try passing the demo test to see if you are ready for the real one or not.
We recommend that you download Learn to Drive on your tablet. In this case, you will be to watch the animations on a big screen.
The app is available for free on the App Store, as well as Google Play.
Car Mechanic Simulator
If you love driving a car, you will probably like to fix it as well. In the Car Mechanic Simulator, you will be able to fix your broken car, replace some details, as well as learn how your car functions.
This is one of the best applications to learn auto mechanics. You will face real problems, which might occur in real life with real cars.
Here are the best options provided by Car Mechanic Simulator:
- Test various cars. Look inside them to see what might have gone wrong and why the problem occurred.
- Repair orders. This is a cool function allowing you to fix other people’s cars and get coins for your work.
- A big number of car models are waiting for you. You can repair Arinusz GT, Calette Marina, and 43 others. All of them are different in some way so be attentive!
Car Mechanic Simulator is free with its basic functions. If you want to get access to the premium store, you have to go premium for $8.99.
You can get this amazing simulator on the App Store or Google Play for free.
Retro Garage – Car Mechanic
Do you love retro cars and repairing them? If yes, you will like the Retro Garage application. You can easily try on the role of mechanic and focus on how cars function.
Another cool thing about this application is that you will deal with retro cars. They look beautiful, don’t they?
Now let’s concentrate on the best functions you will see in Retro Garage:
- Repair legendary and vintage cars made in USSR. They are hard to fix at times but we bet you’ll totally love them!
- All the cars’ details can be roughly divided into 3 groups: body, chassis, and engine. They are quite different to learn and fix. We recommend that you first read some info about them and then start playing.
- Sell the car. After you have finished fixing the car, you can finally sell it and get a reward. However, if you don’t feel like selling the car, you can keep it and enrich your collection.
- Join a friendly community. If you lack info, they are always there to help you with a piece of advice and support. There are communities on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks.
The only downside is the graphics. Some users believe it is quite primitive and boring at times. But others are ok with it.
Both Android and iOS users can download and enjoy this fun mechanic game.
Car Mechanic – Restore Cars
Do you like repairing old wracked things and bringing new life to them? Then Car Mechanic is what you need!
The game is simple but still full of cool options. Thanks to an intuitive interface, you will understand how to use the app at once.
In this game, you can save old cars and help them go back to the road. Let’s see how you will do it:
- Assemble cars using the details you have. You can craft a new car out of these fragments, which is exciting and fun.
- Paint cars. For sure, the game is more about the mechanics of the cars. However, you can also change the way they look. This is also an important thing to do if you want to make your cars look fresh and new.
- Try fixing various cars. Not only will you enjoy the process of repair but you will also explore various car models and find out if they are different from each other in terms of mechanics.
The app will ask for some data about you, such as your usage data and identifiers but the info won’t be linked to you meaning you will stay secure and safe.
By the way, if you always wanted to become a racer, you might like these best first-person car racing fames.
Please note the game is quite big. To install and play it, you will need approximately 400 MB of memory.
The app is available on the App Store or Google Play for free.
Motor World: Car Factory
If you love mechanics, you will probably love the idea of running a big car factory. You will assemble cars out of little details and produce great things!
You can become a manager of a huge factory and use your imagination all the time when creating top-notch car models.
Let’s see what you can do in Motor World:
- Create your own car models. This is a truly inspiring and cool process where you can use your imagination.
- Hire workers and manage the way they work. In this case, you can practice your management skills. This is an important step to take – if you fail, the factory will be a complete mess.
- Make your factory better using new technologies. This will help you to boost the process of car production. You will have to use the coins you make by selling your cars.
- Invite your friends to the game to compete with them later. Are you sure you can beat them?
Motor World is a free game. To install it, you will need about 150 MB of phone memory.
Get it now on the App Store or Google Play.
If you want to dive deep into the mechanics of the car, this app is a must. In Idle Car, you can easily study different details that make up a car.
Idle Car will provide you with a big set of functions at no cost:
- Open and explore your garage. This is a place where you can fix cars and store them. You can customize the environment to make it comfortable.
- Collect details and do replacements. This will allow you to repair cars easily. If you lack details, you can always buy them. Study steering, tires, power distribution, and many other important things about the car.
- Let the game keep functioning even when you are asleep. You can set the repair and leave it. This function allows you not to wait for the repair without leaving the game. You can just start the repair and go to sleep!
- Use the turbo mode. In this case, the repair works will be performed much faster.
The app will require some data about you, such as your location, usage data, purchases, and some other stuff.
To download the game, you need at least 511 MB of memory. Both Android and iOS users can get Idle Car for free.
Manual Car Driving Simulator
This is another application to practice manual transmission and driving in general. In this app, you will be playing for a taxi driver who has to pick up passengers and help them reach their destination.
Let’s focus on the best functions available in Manual Car Driving Simulator:
- Go for various challenges. In this game, you have to do a big number of tasks. First of all, you have to pick up a passenger. Then you need to bring him home or to any other destination. Be fast! Your time can be limited on some levels.
- Enjoy driving in a realistic city thanks to great graphics. There is also cool background music to cheer you up.
- Enjoy animated passengers and cars. This makes the game even more realistic.
However, there comes a pretty upsetting downside. The mechanics of the game isn’t perfect, which makes it difficult to pass most of the levels. The game can be glitchy at times.
Manual Car Driving Simulator needs at least 38 MB of your phone memory to be installed.
The app is available on Google Play at no cost.
GT Supercar Mechanic Simulator LITE
If you like to help people and fix cars, make sure you download GT Supercar Mechanic Simulator! This is an exciting and fun game to understand the mechanics of different car models.
This is a 3D simulator that will help you to become a mechanic and fix cars. Let’s see what you can do with the help of this game:
- Enjoy a wide variety of tools that you can use to fix a car. They will make your process of repair much better and faster.
- Learn the systems that are built in the car. See how the engine works and learn its main principle. This will also help you to understand how real cars work.
- If you feel you got stuck in the game and don’t know what to do, feel free to use the hint system. These are the tips about how to handle difficult situations.
This is the lite version of the game meaning the number of functions is limited. However, all of them are free.
There are ads and in-app purchases. Still, you can play without additional features.
Download GT Supercar Mechanic Simulator on the App Store or Google Play and start repairing them!
Car Mechanic Tycoon
Car Mechanic Tycoon is an exciting racing game that allows you to become a real star of the arena. In this game, you will have to test your skills as a driver and engineer.
Here you will not only have to compete in races but also build a garage and prepare your equipment for future victories.
In the game, users will compete in the arena against their rivals. Choose your favorite cars from a wide assortment and modify them to improve performance and appearance. Compete in various arenas and win in exciting derby events.
The main feature of this game is the realistic graphics. All cars are detailed, which will allow you to feel all the power of racing cars and feel the atmosphere of competition. You will need to skillfully manage your car, taking into account its weight, speed, and many other factors to win the race.
Upgrade your skills and improve your cars to win and earn money. You will be able to unlock new cars, parts, and tuning to create the most powerful and beautiful cars in the arena.
You may also like: 5 Best F1 Manager Games
Four-stroke Otto engine 3D
This is a modern learning app designed for those who are interested in cars and engines. It is a useful tool to help you understand the inner workings of car engines and improve your knowledge in this field.
This app provides an interactive 3D model of a working engine. You will be able to rotate it, zoom in and out, and examine all its components from any angle. Thanks to this, you will be able to visualize the part and learn about all the features of its device.
With the app, you will be able to disassemble and reassemble the engine piece by piece. You will learn how each component is connected and configured inside the engine. This is a great opportunity for those who want to improve their car repair and maintenance skills.
The app also provides detailed information about each part of the engine. You will see how fuel combustion occurs and how energy is transferred from the engine to the wheels. This will help you to understand the engine process better.
Here, everyone can test their knowledge and learn new facts about different types of engines and their functionality.