Sometimes you are too busy to talk to people or text them. And this is ok. We all need some time to take a pause and relax.
Or you might need to concentrate on work. As you see, turning the sound off may not be enough. In such a situation you need to be fully disconnected from the Internet and your device in general.
In this case, you may need a good app that will ensure that nobody can disturb you. This is why we decided to create this list.
If you like to control your device, make sure you check 7 Free Call Manager Apps for Android.
Here we have collected easy-to-use and friendly applications. Most of them are free or they have a free trial period.
Auto Do Not Disturb
Today every person has a smartphone. But the thing is that you should never let your device get full control of your life.
Sometimes you need to focus on the things that really matter. You can be at an important meeting or hanging out with your friends, sleeping at night, or watching an interesting movie. In such situations, you don’t want to be disturbed.
The app is relatively small. However, it is packed with cool features and useful options:
- Create custom profiles and fill them with your rules. Your device will stick to these rules. You can set a time when your phone should be completely silent.
- Synchronize the app with the device’s default calendar you are using to track the most important events of your life. The app will analyze it and turn the silent mode on when it’s necessary.
- There are many modes: vibration, silence, and many others.
- You can copy the data from the app and use it somewhere else. For example, if you get disappointed with Auto Do Not Disturb, you can easily replace it with another application. The only thing you need to do is to import your data from the app.
- The application is famous for its easy and friendly interface. If you fail to understand how the app works, you can find detailed instructions.
- If you give the app enough permissions, you can use your location. For example, you can set the rule, according to which your phone will go silent when you are at work. This is quite comfortable, as you don’t have to do anything manually.
Most of the functions are free. However, the app contains ads. They are not too frequent to appear but take long minutes to watch.
However, low battery usage can well make up for these constant ads.
You can get the app on Google Play and check its functions yourself.
You may also like: 12 Free Notifications Control Apps for Android & iOS
AppBlock – Stay Focused
Nobody likes to be disturbed while doing something important. In this case, you need to be fully focused. What you have to do is to distance yourself from all the distracters, such as smartphones, tablets, or computers.
AppBlock will be a perfect productivity booster if you are addicted to your devices.
There are many functions available for free:
- Apps and Website Blocker. Set the list of applications you don’t want to use. AppBlocker will ensure that you will not be disturbed by them.
- App Usage Tracker. Blocking apps is a good feature. However, sometimes you need to understand which apps are the most harmful to your productivity. Set the tracker for at least one day and see the results. You will be surprised!
- If you don’t want to block the app itself, you can block their notifications. This will be a great tool if you often get distracted by your emails.
- Flexible block schedules. Create rules, according to which AppBlocker will act. For example, you can create different schedules for your weekends and working days at the office.
- Friendly interface that will make your experience with the app even better.
The app requires a bit number of permissions including location. The developer, though, guarantees that it won’t affect your security and privacy.
So if you want to fight your device obsession and spend more time with your family, AppBlocker is a great tool.
Download the app on Google Play and enjoy its functions. By the way, the app is free but there are almost no ads.
Well, we can’t say this is a Do Not Disturb application. Its range of functions is strictly limited.
The app works with incoming calls only. The most important function of the app is creating a blacklist of numbers you don’t want to talk to.
You can set a number of schedules as well. For example, you can create various schedules for different days. You can edit them whenever you want.
This is not the only function, though. There are many other options as well:
- Caller ID. It is better to know who is calling you. True caller helps you find out the real phone number of the person, even if he or she is using a program to hide the number.
- Spam blocker. You are probably tired of people calling you to tell you about some new products. This function will automatically block the numbers of telemarketers.
- Missed call reminders. In such a busy world, we often miss calls. The app will send you notifications so that you don’t forget to call back.
Call Blocker is a very reliable application. It is rated 4.2 out of 5 in Google Play.
All the functions are free of charge. However, you will have to put up with the ads that are quite frequent.
Download it now to stay focused on what really matters.
Flip DND: Flip to shhh..shush!
Flip DND: Flip to Shhh..shush! is a super simple little app that occupies only 5 MB of your phone’s memory, and is specifically designed to manage your Do Not Disturb (DND) mode in a clever and intuitive way. All you have to do is flip your phone face down, and DND mode gets activated, silencing all your notifications.
In terms of reliability, the app is quite stable and fulfils its promise seamlessly. The user interface is not flashy or overloaded – just plain and simple.
Along with its primary functionality, it also provides some additional features such as scheduling Do Not Disturb mode and adjusting the sensitivity of the flip gesture. I also have to stress that you may encounter advertisements while using it, though there is an option to upgrade to a premium version that removes these ads.
You may also like: 11 Free Apps to Lock Phone for Period of Time (Android & iOS).
Well, it’s not a kind of Do Not Disturb application. We should probably call it a phone silencer. The principle of its work is pretty simple: you can set a time when you should not be disturbed by your smartphone or tablet.
However, it is not the only way to use the app. You can create multiple schedules and use them later.
What is more, you can create a set of rules. Your smartphone will stick to these rules and enjoy your free time.
There are also many other cool options:
- Vibration and silent modes. You can switch between them automatically or manually. If you don’t want to control this function, you can add a special rule to your schedule.
- You can synchronize your device calendar with the app. This simple but important measure will help you tie your events to the phone silencer. Try this function, it will save you long hours.
- The app works equally well on smartphones, tablets, and computers.
- The app doesn’t collect your data and therefore it can not sell your contacts and messages, which is important for your privacy.
Another cool thing is that the app is free and there are no ads at all! This is a very rare combination of features.
By the way, if you are interested in programming, you can check the code of the app on GitHub – Polite is an open-source product.
The app is rated 4.3 out of 5 in Google Play. Download it now and enjoy your time.
“Do Not Disturb” options
This app has been developed to give you greater control over the Do Not Disturb (DND) settings on your device. With it, you can customize DND rules and exceptions, ensuring that you only receive notifications when it suits you. It also provides some useful bonuses such as location-based Do Not Disturb rules and exceptions.
In terms of reliability, the app performs its job quite effectively, allowing you to fine-tune your preferences with a few taps. Although I believe it could benefit from a more visually appealing interface and a livelier colour palette. In regards to memory usage, this application is very lightweight at just 7 MB, and won’t have a significant impact on the performance of your phone.
However, there is a drawback: if you opt for the free version, you will have to tolerate a certain amount of advertising. But there is a paid version that allows you to eliminate these ads.
Forest: Focus for Productivity
This pretty little app is popular among those interested in improving productivity, and I am convinced of its usefulness as a tool to help minimise distractions.
Its main purpose is to help you enhance your focus and productivity by planting virtual trees and setting a timer for a specific task. If you manage to stay focused on that task until the timer runs out, your tree grows as a symbol of your accomplishment. However, if you get distracted and leave the app to check social media or any other unrelated activity, your tree dies.
Another feature of the app is the progress tracking and goal-setting features. Additionally, its pro version seamlessly syncs across multiple devices.
When it comes to reliability, this tool is quite stable. The real interest lies in the interface design which is simple, clean, and adorable. The green color palette is refreshing and the organization is well-executed.
However, there are a few limitations to consider. Depending on your phone, it can use a considerable amount of memory. Also, the free version comes with ads and is limited in terms of the features available.
Well, we need to talk about your sleep. Do you often interrupt your sleep? If yes, you are in trouble. The thing is that interrupted sleep affects your brain. Your memory will suffer greatly.
As you might have already understood, No Disturb will take care of your night sleep. It won’t let noisy notifications
The app can boast of a huge number of impressive options:
- No Disturb mode that blocks everything, including incoming calls, notifications sent by applications and websites.
- Auto-switching. There are many modes in the app. You can easily switch between them. You may do it manually or automatically.
- The app supports NFC tags. This will help you use more functions effectively.
- No Disturb supports various languages: English, Korean, German, and others.
- No Disturb has a plain minimalistic interface.
All of the functions listed above are free of charge. You don’t need to have an account, just give the app a few permissions. There are some ads that keep the content free for you.
You might be displeased with the number of ads turning out of the blue when you don’t want them to appear. Unfortunately, you can not remove them, even if you are ready to pay money.
Make sure you download this app and sleep well!
You can also check: 11 Best Ad blocker apps for Android & iOS
DND with timer: Do not disturb
DND with Timer allows you to set up customized Do Not Disturb (DND) schedules using timers. You can specify the specific times when you want your phone to enter DND mode.
I found that it does its job without complaints. It might not be the most visually appealing app with the most basic design, but at the end of the day, functionality is what matters. And setting up your DND schedules is straightforward enough.
In terms of permissions required for running this app, there are none. Also, it’s tiny: at 4 MB, your phone memory won’t even notice it. Finally, there are no ads in this app, it is completely free and does not require any purchases for premium features.