Learning languages is often a real challenge. You have to memorize complicated rules of grammar, learn new words, fight with your accent, and finally – communicate.
However, most people have no opportunity to get the best teacher right now. The good thing is you can do without it!
By the way, if you would like to learn Japanese, check the 20 Best apps to learn Japanese.
With the help of Hangul learning apps listed here, you can learn Korean fast and easily. There are great apps for iOS and Android.
Do you think studying languages is a hard thing to do? Forget about it. With LingoDeer, it will be much easier than learning at school or university.
The app is simple to install and use. Creating an account will take you about 1 minute. To sign up, you will need a nickname and an email.
Why LingoDeer is worth trying? It’s all about its cool set of options available at no cost:
- Learn the Korean alphabet quickly. The system is quite smart so you can learn the alphabet quickly, even though it is much more complicated than the English one.
- Learn full sentences, not words. Yes, the language is formed by words but in communication, we use full sentences. This is why it is more logical to learn sentences and LingoDeer will help you with that.
- Study the most essential words. This is vitally important as you won’t learn extra words that are rarely used by Korean people. Instead of this, you will be given the most common ones. This method will boost your progress.
- Learn Korean everywhere. LingoDeer will work offline enabling you to keep studying no matter what.
- Practice your listening skills. This is one of the best things provided by the app. In real communication, you will have to listen and understand what people are saying. There are hundreds of exercises you can do.
- Track your progress. This is important to know how your studying is going. In LingoDeer, you can easily view your statistics and analyze if everything is ok.
The app is free with its basic functions. You can learn new words and practice your skills at no cost. Should you need more, you can always go premium. It will cost you $14.99 per month.
LingoDeer will collect some data about you, such as your contacts, purchases, and location. This info will be linked to you.
You can get the application on the App Store, as well as Google Play. If you don’t feel like downloading anything, you can always go to the website and get some practice there.
You may also like: 11 Best Sign Language Apps
HelloTalk – Language Learning
Some people don’t feel like learning hard rules and doing exercises. It’s fine, in this case, you can start with practice.
In this application, you need to create an account and start communication with Korean native speakers. HelloTalk works just like a usual social network, such as Twitter or Facebook. You can write posts, leave comments, and share content.
Let’s concentrate on the most striking features of the application:
- Talk directly to people from Korea. This is the most interesting way to learn the language, as well as the culture. Native speakers can correct your mistakes and give you some explanations for free.
- Choose the best teachers and friends from Korea. It will be a simple thing to do as there are more than 30 million people from various countries.
- Enjoy chat and calls. It doesn’t matter what type of communication you prefer, be it a typical chat or an audio or video call.
- Try cultural and linguistic exchange. If you have no money to obtain private lessons, it’s not a problem anymore. You can help people to learn your mother tongue and get help with Korean instead.
- Share the best moments of your life with others. As we have already mentioned, HelloTalk works just like a social network enabling you to post images of yourself and share your thoughts with the world.
You can create an account for free. You will only need to give it your email and nickname. However, it might be better to use the real name to make it easier for others to find your profile.
The app will use your location and purchases. However, the data won’t be linked to you.
HelloTalk is free with its basic functions. Both Android and iOS users can enjoy it.
This is a universal language learning application. It includes a great number of various languages, including Korean. However, the app is very smart and full of high-quality materials.
The app has a minimalist interface and clear rules. The UI is also very intuitive, which enables you to start right away.
Now let’s take a look at the best options provided by Duolingo:
- The app was created by professionals. Many linguists and programmers worked on Duolingo using the best practices to make a perfect product. All the materials were made and checked by language teachers. This will help you to get the best info.
- The Duolingo application really helps. It uses a science-based method to teach people foreign languages. This method will work perfectly for beginners who see the Korean language for the first time but want to get results as soon as possible.
- Track your learning progress. This is a truly motivational thing. It will help you to see how many steps you have already passed.
- Never forget about your learning. If you tend to forget about studying Korean, daily reminders and notifications will be a perfect solution.
- Become a part of a huge and friendly community. You can join over 300 million people from all over the world.
Duolingo is believed to be one of the easiest tools to learn Korean. Users love the app for its great set of exercises that allow you to get enough practice.
Please keep in mind that the app will track some data about you, such as your purchases, location, content, contacts, and many other details. This data will be linked to you.
You can download Duolingo on the App Store and Google Play.
Do you want to learn new information easily? Then you have to try Memrise! This is one of the most effective tools for language learning.
This app was aimed at people who have faced serious difficulties while learning a foreign language. It can be an unprofessional teacher at school or a bad experience of learning.
Anyway, it’s time to change your opinion about it! With Memrise, it will be super simple. Let’s take a closer look at the best options provided by Memrise:
- Become a part of a huge community – join more than 60 million people learning different languages online.
- Start with the most essential grammar rules of the language and learn the alphabet. These are the basic things you should learn first. Use the materials provided by the application.
- Practice your Korean from the very beginning. This is a key factor to success when learning a new foreign language. There are about 50 000 various audios and video clips you can use for free.
- Speak with real people. When you feel you are ready to start communication with Korean people, feel free to do it! This will make your progress much better.
However, if you use the basic version available at no cost, you will be given a limited amount of courses and other materials. If you want to get profound knowledge of Korean, you will probably need something additional.
The app is quite big, it is almost 300 MB so keep this thing in mind if you have a device with a small amount of free space.
Another thing you should be informed about is that Memrise is more about enriching your vocabulary than learning the complicated grammar of Korean.
You can download the application on the App Store, as well as Google Play.
Teuida: Learn & Speak Korean
Here comes a nice application aimed at learning the Korean language. This app will help people who are too busy to study in a class or with a teacher.
The developers claim that you can learn a foreign language by practicing for a few minutes a day. According to the app, it is better to emphasize speaking, not watching videos in Korean. Well, it makes sense!
The app has an impressive set of functions you may use for free:
- Start with the most common phrases and expressions. It will help you to start speaking faster. It is a widely known fact that if you learn about 200 popular phrases, you will be able to talk quite well, as these 200 phrases are 80% of the words used in a spoken language.
- Speak from the first lesson. Many people believe that they need to learn grammar first. This isn’t the right approach to learning Korean and other foreign languages.
- Practice daily. You need to speak as often as you can. If you do it every day, you will be able to overcome the fear of speaking and mispronouncing words.
Why Teuida is better than other applications devoted to the Korean language? Well, its only unique feature is that it is focused on speaking from the very beginning.
The app is rated 4.4 out of 5 on Google Play and 4.8 on the App Store. Users love its smart interface and a great number of exercises.
You can get the app on the App Store or Google Play at no cost.
Learn Korean (Phrases & Words)
If you need to learn Korean and you have almost no time for it, this application is what you have to download. It was created for those who need to start speaking Korean in the nearest future.
Learn Korean was initially created for beginners. However, if you have already tried learning Korean yourself, you can skip the first topics with the most basic rules.
Here are the best features you can use at once:
- Useful phrases for any situation. They are divided into topics so that you can find what you need faster.
- Listen to the phrases. It isn’t enough to know the phrase. You also have to pronounce it correctly. So listen and repeat!
- Search what you need using the search line. It will ensure you won’t spend time looking for what you need. All the content is divided into topics enabling you to find what you are looking for.
- Learn Korean no matter where you happen to be. The app will work with no connection to the Internet. You will only need the Internet to get some updates.
- The app is easily customizable. For example, you can change the font size and type, as well as the background.
The app has accounts on various social networks, such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. You can share your feedback there.
By the way, if you are interested in learning Spanish, you might find the 15 Best Apps to Learn Spanish useful.
What is especially cool is the rating of Learn Korean. For instance, the app is rated 4.8 out of 5 on Google Play.
Both Android and iOS can get this amazing application at no cost.
Eggbun: Learn Korean Fun
If you have ever tried learning any foreign language, you probably know how hard it is. But it doesn’t have to be challenging anymore.
This app is aimed at practicing speaking, writing, listening, and enriching your vocabulary. Now we can take a look at the most striking features of Eggbun:
- Start with the basics. This is the best way of getting started. Explore Hangul, the Korean alphabet. Without it, you can hardly read any word or sentence.
- Enjoy communication with real people from Korea. It is better to start speaking as soon as possible. It will boost your learning progress greatly. You can chat with your new Korean friends or make a video call.
- Talk like Koreans! Having a rich vocabulary is important but not enough. You also have to practice your pronunciation. In Eggbun, there are hundreds of audio files to listen to and repeat.
- Dive deep into the culture of Korea. Knowing a language is a big deal. However, if you want to move to Korea, you have to understand their culture. Unless you won’t be able to understand the behavior of Koreans.
- The app will keep track of your progress and remind you of your lessons daily. This will allow you to keep learning every day.
- Enjoy colorful pictures. All the materials are made very smartly. These pictures might help you to remember the grammar and words easier.
Eggbun is quite big, it requires about 180 MB of memory. It’s all because of a big number of video and audio files.
The app is available on the App Store, as well as Google Play.
Learn Korean Vocabulary Free
The following app will be the best solution for people who love flashcards. According to a big number of researches, this method proved its effectiveness.
This app is packed with a big number of flashcards available at no cost. You can open and read them many times to make sure you have learned enough words.
Here are the best features of Learn Korean Vocabulary:
- Explore over 10 000 flashcards. This will allow you to learn all the popular words and phrases.
- The flashcards are divided into groups, according to the topics they represent. These topics include shopping, health, sport, driving, emergency, and many others.
- The app is simple to use. There are flashcards only, with no extra functions and additional buttons that might confuse you.
- Create your own vocabulary packs of flashcards. This is a powerful feature allowing you to study the topics you are interested in.
We recommend that you start with the basic topic and then gradually move from it to the hardest themes.
Another cool thing is the size of the app. You will need approximately 16 MB of free memory. What’s more, the app can function well with no connection to the Internet.
Learn Korean Vocabulary is available on the App Store and Google Play for free.
If you have already tried learning Korean, you probably know that its grammar is far from easy. You need to keep a great number of details in mind.
This is why you have to try Learn Korean! This is a great way of learning grammar. Let’s see what you will get right after the download:
- All the rules are divided into topics. For instance, you can start with the alphabet section of Korean. Then you can move to various topics that are harder to learn. There are rules of grammar you may use in different situations.
- Check if you are doing things correctly. If you have no teacher, this option is a must. You can see if you have done the exercise in the right way.
- Train yourself everywhere. The app doesn’t require to be connected to the Internet. This enables you to do exercises and learn the rules of Korean grammar.
The app is free with a few ads that keep the content free for you. If you use the basic version of Learn Korean, there is no way of removing ads.
Only Android users can download this app for free.
Learn Korean – Beginners
If this is your first time with Korean, then this app is a must. It was initially created for people who know nothing about the language but need to learn as fast as possible.
All the content you will find in the app is free of charge. All functions can be roughly divided into a few groups:
- Start with the basic things. If you learn Korean from scratch, you have to start with Hangul. Once you have memorized the Korean alphabet, you will be able to read words and phrases.
- Go for exciting exercises. You can practice your writing, reading, as well as listening. All the activities are mixed so that you can easily train yourself.
- Enjoy translator. This is one of the key functions of the application. Sometimes you just need to communicate, not to learn. In this case, feel free to use the translator. You can translate single words or even long phrases.
- All the content is divided into courses. We recommend starting with the basic ones and then going for intermediate and advanced ones.
- Learn offline. The content doesn’t need the Internet to be displayed.
The app is rated 4.8 out of 5 on Google Play. Most users love the offline mode that allows you to learn no matter where you happen to be. What’s more, they love it for a wide range of exercises.
You will need about 33 MB to install Learn Korean on your device. This will allow you to download it even on the oldest devices with a small amount of memory.
Unfortunately, the app is available for Android users only.
Korean – Lessons+
It’s high time you started learning Hangul! This is a hard challenge and you can hardly do without a good application.
This is why try Korean Lessons+. This is one of the best apps to learn Korean grammar and vocabulary.
Let’s see what you can do with the help of Korean Lessons+:
- Listen to podcasts in Korean. This is a key factor to success. You have to understand what people are saying to communicate well.
- Check the best grammar lessons. The Korean language is famous for its complicated grammar with a big number of exceptions. This is why you have to use properly-made materials.
- Listen to audios. This is a great way of improving your pronunciation. Listen to an audio record and then repeat after it. This will allow you to work on your vocabulary, the right intonation, as well as good pronunciation.
- Get the lesson’s material in pdf. Sometimes you feel like reading a lesson, and this function will help you with this.
All the content is free of charge thanks to ads. However, you can remove them for $2.99.
The app is very small. It requires about 16 MB of your phone memory.
Korean Lessons+ is available on the App Store only.
You can also check: 15 Best Apps to Learn German