The first phones were able to transmit only voice, but over the past decades, they have moved so far ahead in their development that they can now send text, graphics, video and many other types of data to other devices. Not the least role in this is assigned to the Bluetooth radio module, which today can be found on virtually every mobile phone, as well as in laptops, computers and in the form of separate devices.
Having at hand only a phone and a laptop (or PC) with Bluetooth modules (in many modern laptops it is installed by default), you can quickly transfer any file from one device to another, synchronize organizers, phone books, back up important data, exchange electronic business cards and much more.
Let’s get acquainted with Bluetooth applications for Android.
Bluetooth File Transfer
Bluetooth File Transfer – is an innovative utility for Android gadgets, which provides high-speed file transfer via Bluetooth. In this case, the operation is performed using the OPP and OBEX FTP protocols. Using the application, you can receive and send contacts, individual files, and entire groups, archived in Zip, RAR and GZip. In addition, the user can view the integrity of the files before they are unpacked, sort them according to various criteria, and also select several folders at the same time.
Immediately after activating the Bluetooth File Transfer, in the display, the menu appears made in the form of a file manager. After selecting the objects that need to be moved, the user gets access to Flash or a built-in memory of the mobile gadget. With it, you can send videos, music, text documents, photos, images and even archives.
The app supports the transfer of objects between two gadgets. To do this, just tick the selected materials for transfer. In addition, the application protects the gadget by blocking unauthorized access to it from the third-party devices. In addition to file transfer, there is the ability to encode and a built-in browser. The application is compatible with devices on Android 1.5 and above.
The main features of the Bluetooth File Transfer:
- Use a smartphone as an FTP or OPP server.
- Customize the presentation of folders and files.
- Delete/move/copy/paste files both in your own smartphone and on a compatible device.
- The original widget, allows you to quickly turn on and off the Bluetooth module.
- Sort files and folders by various parameters.
- Creating folders.
- Create a folder shortcut.
- List of bookmarks.
- Turn off Bluetooth when you turn off the application.
- Support for multiple languages.
Among the advantages of this application are the following features:
- using Bluetooth File Transfer, everyone will be able to connect even to older models of phones with Bluetooth;
- the option of installing access with a password;
- the protection of data, and transfer information between identified devices.
However, there are some drawbacks
- not very attractive interface;
- the presence of advertising in the app.
Get it on Google Play
Bluetooth Remote PC
This is a multifunctional computer manager via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
Using the Remote PC application, you can easily manage the desktop and programs on your home or work computer directly from your device’s screen. With this program, you can manage both the desktop and individual applications – media players (Windows Media Center, Windows Media Player, iTunes, Spotify, VLC, media player classic, VLC Media Player Classic, Zune, Netflix, Hulu, XBMC, etc.), PowerPoint presentations. The application includes a function of remote mouse and keyboard control: you can move the cursor, click on buttons, drag, and drop, and scale. This application allows you to remotely shut down or restart the computer, turn on sleep mode, turn on/off the monitor. In the demo version, the control via Bluetooth is available (limited control of the desktop), Wi-Fi is not available.
Get it on Google Play
Bluetooth App Sender
Bluetooth App Sender – is a convenient manager for transferring installed applications through a Bluetooth connection.
The utility has a nice interface, a simple list of programs and the procedure for transferring them. There is a search by name. It is also possible to update the list of programs and display them on the screen in two ways: alternative and conventional. The alternative method contains a list of system value programs, and the usual method, in turn, provides a list of all applications installed on the device.
When sending, information about the name, version, origin and size of the file selected for transmission via Bluetooth is reported. The utility also allows you to share applications located in the device’s memory with services that support file transfer, for example, DropBox, Facebook.
Bluetooth Auto Connect
This application will need you when you connect your phone to the dock in your car or room. The application will connect the Bluetooth to the selected devices automatically, so you now have nothing to worry about.
To save battery life, we recommend turning on the application only when you really need it.
- User-friendly interface.
- Useful settings.
- Integration with Tasker.
AutoBluetooth is a very handy program for Android that will allow you to control your Bluetooth in accordance with your desires. Set the parameters of Bluetooth for the whole week – continuous or discrete mode of operation at specified intervals. This means that Bluetooth can work continuously for a certain period of time, or it turns on and off depending on the validity period or rule. In addition, a number of parameters for connecting/disabling work are regulated:
- Inclusion when being in a specific area.
- Mode operation when the device is connected to a power source.
- The operating mode for incoming calls.
- Turn on Bluetooth when you are driving, etc.
Set up your Bluetooth for your convenience only.
Get it on Google Play
A2DP Connect – is quite convenient and small widget for connecting to Bluetooth A2DP, without any unnecessary problems and wanderings on the setup menu. You can place the icon of this widget on the main screen, and select the tipes of Bluetooth devices that you would like to connect to the gadget. That is all!
Main features of A2DP Connect:
- Cancels the need to navigate through all menu settings.
- To connect devices, you need to short press the widget.
- Compatible with smartphones based on Android 2.2/2.3/3.0/4.0/4.1.
Enjoy the app!
Headset_Answer – is an excellent program that will help in managing the Bluetooth headset. The program can automatically answer certain numbers, even a group of numbers, while it is well-optimized, has a minimum of settings and simple management.
This application for smartphones on the Android OS and tablets with phone functions is designed to make life easier for car enthusiasts and those who use the Bluetooth headset. The incoming number, the text of the SMS, the data of the operator and the contact of the phone book are spoken, also, the application has a convenient widget for turning the voice on and off. There are various settings for an automatic answer to the call depending on the subscriber.
Main features of the Headset Answer:
- Convenient and simple interface.
- Small size of the program.
Bluetooth File Explorer
This is 3 in 1 application – a file manager, a local file manager and a handy program for transferring applications. In this app, you will find an activity log.
The program supports OBEX FTP, thanks to which you can view other devices via Bluetooth. Also, you will be able to create, delete files or folders on a device that is removed from you. There is a built-in file manager.
- Manage files via Bluetooth connection.
- Sending and installing various applications.
- Access to folders and files.
- Working with documents.
- Built-in local browser for working with files, including their transfer via email.
Get it on Google Play
BToolkit: Bluetooth Manager
The program gives you full control over everything that is connected with the Bluetooth module of your device. The main feature is the ability to bind devices to the contacts in your phone book. The application BToolkit: Bluetooth Manager is an advanced manager of Bluetooth-connection.
Features of the program:
- continuous scanning of devices with Bluetooth;
- attaching all devices to one of the contacts;
- availability of convenient and fast access to all stored data;
- managing the list of devices (the ability to sort, filter by name or type);
- the ability to exchange files with contacts;
- monitoring of the transmission signal in real time;
- view changes;
- lost devices remain in the list;
- the ability to set or change the device name.
The program serves to create a bridge between two or more devices, distributing the Internet channel from the first device to the other, that is, it simulates the role of the usual Wi-Fi access point/router, but with Bluetooth connections.
- The distribution of the Internet is done in a non-standard way: instead of creating an open access point, you need to activate the Bluetooth modules on each device and have the pre-installed BlueVPN software on the “server”.
- When there are possible disconnections, there is an option for automatically repeating the connection between two or more devices.
- Optional: GPRS settings, Bluetooth.
ASTRO Bluetooth Module
It can be used as an extension of the file manager ASTRO File Manager or as a separate application for working with a Bluetooth network.
Through this program, you can manipulate the turning on and off of the Bluetooth, use Bluetooth as OBEX FTP server to allow other devices to connect to yours, view the current status of active connections, scan the network for devices, go to the file manager in two clicks, open a custom folder for its access to the Bluetooth network, set the maximum time for displaying your device from the moment of connecting the Bluetooth (1 – 300 sec).
The main feature is the displaying various application notifications in the notification bar.