Do you like sweet honey? Well, it’s a great treat! However, there are people who take part in the process.
These are the people who keep bees. It’s not a simple thing to do. This is why they often need a reliable helper that will be always there for them.
By the way, if you are interested in animals, we recommend that you read 11 Best Animal Apps for Android & iOS.
So we have created a big list of cool beekeeping applications. There are good options for Android, as well as iOS users. Some of them are free of charge or at least they have a trial period.
Keeping bees might be a challenge if you do it without any system and control. The good news is that now you can delegate some of the issues to a reliable application called HiveBloom.
Why HiveBloom is so popular and widely respected by thousands of beekeepers all around the world?
- Take control of your bees. To be a good beekeeper, you have to know everything about what’s going on with your bees. That’s why you will need to log all your inspections. They will be kept in history. Check it every time you need to analyze your progress.
- Count your hives. Add information about each of your hives. Then place them on a map. This little function will help you visualize all of your resources. You can always add a note and attach it to a hive.
- Share your info. You can share your hives right from the app. Send this information via messengers or email. If your friends have HiveBloom on their phones, you can share your success even faster.
- Save your memory. Sometimes you don’t want to spend your device memory. That’s why you’ll like cloud sync. What is more, it will make sure that your data won’t be lost without a trace.
- The app works offline perfectly well. All the functions will remain the same even when you are out from the Internet.
- The app will send you notifications to inspect your hives. You can set the frequency of the reminders in the settings.
- Try HiveBloom for free. You can use the app at no cost for the first 30 days. Then the service will cost you 2.99$ per month.
The application is loved for its simple and intuitive interface. We can recommend you will face no difficulties with it.
The app tracks your location but it won’t be linked to you.
Get the app on the App Store and Google Play and enjoy a 30-days trial.
You may also like: 4 Best Animal Identification Apps for Android & iOS
It might be a difficult task to control all of your apiaries. This is why it can be a good solution to use a nice app that will help you memorize all the things connected to your bees’ health.
What is especially cool about the app is that it’s completely free of charge. There are no in-app purchases, all the stuff will be already there right after download.
Let’s take a look at the best features of Apiary Book:
- Intuitive interface that will be clear at the first glance. There are no guides or instructions, they are simply not necessary.
- Create a dashboard of your hives. You can place all the data you find important there. Then you may also export data from your dashboard to print it or to send it to your other devices.
- Make a timeline. It is much easier to do all the things on time if you have a clear vision of what has to be done. Place the most important actions on a timeline – when to check the hives, to inspect your bees’ health, to take photos, or do any other activity.
- Enjoy a precise weather forecast. This cool feature is integrated with the app. It will help you to know about the upcoming changes.
- The app supports various languages, including Italian, German, French, Spanish, and many others.
The developers update the app regularly. They try to add new languages and cool functions with every new update.
There are versions for Android and iOS users. Download it for free.
This is a good option for people who have many hives and need to control them all. The toolset includes notes, hive maps, and many other great functions.
The interface of the app isn’t too easy. Some users complain it’s a bit complicated, saying sometimes they struggled to find the functions they needed.
You can download the app for free. However, the number of functions will be strictly limited.
Now let’s take a closer look at the most interesting functions of Hive Tracks:
- Create a list of your hives. This will help you not to forget to take care of your bees.
- Create comments. Don’t neglect such a function, as it will help you to add some important data.
- The app is available online. If you don’t want to download the app on your device, you can always enjoy all the functions right from your browser. In this case, you won’t need to care about your phone memory, all the operations will be conducted in the browser.
- The size of the app is quite small, about 50 MB only.
- The app is being updated regularly. Should you face any bugs or technical problems, don’t hesitate to contact support.
The application supports the English language only. You can get it on the App Store or Google Play for free.
Let’s look at one of the smartest applications on the list. The developers are aimed at creating a good service that can help you monitor how your beekeeping is going.
BeeScanning has a pretty simple interface, which will be easy to use once you download the app.
Why BeeScanning is worth trying?
- It is super fast and accurate. Any operation you make will be conducted in less than 5 seconds.
- Take a photo of your hives every single day. You don’t have to store them all on your phone, everything will be in the app. You can always view the photos and find them by title or date.
- Add new notes not to lose an important piece of data. You can always check it in history. You can also add videos or links. The app will never delete your information if you keep using your account. Even if the app crashes, all the data will still be there.
- Analyze your data without any difficulties. The developers use artificial intelligence to give you a good report. The best thing about it is that you don’t need to think things through. All the operations will be conducted by the machine. You will work with the results only.
- Give the app access to your location to create a map of your hives. This powerful function will help you clearly see what you have.
All the stuff is free of charge if you have two hives or even less. If you want to track 3 and more hives, go premium.
The app is available for iOS and Android users. Download it now to control your beekeeping process.
Bee Hive Monitoring
Are you looking for a reliable service that will take some of your responsibilities? Well, Bee Hive Monitoring might be one of the best solutions. This simple and elegant app will come in quite handy if you tend to forget to monitor your bees.
Let’s start with the list of people who may find the application pretty good:
- Those who have never tried keeping bees but are interested in this topic.
- People who have recently started dealing with bees. It’s not a simple thing to do because you will have to memorize too many things and do them in time.
- Professional and skilled beekeepers. Even if you know this topic pretty well, you might like to delegate some of the things to the application. It can also serve as a place to store your notes.
The app can boast of a great number of functions, such as theft alerts and colony strength dynamics. These options are available at no cost. Don’t forget to check your history – you will find many interesting things you probably forgot.
By the way, if you are suffering from insects, make sure you read 5 Free Mosquito Repellent Sound Apps for Android & iOS.
You will need at least 50 MB to install Bee Hive Monitoring on your phone.
The app doesn’t collect and store your data. The only thing it will ask for is access to your location. You will be 100% safe if you allow.
Bee Hive Monitoring is available for iOS, as well as Android users.
Beekeeping is an interesting and even addictive thing to do. However, you have no chance to be successful if you don’t do it regularly.
This is why we included InspectNext on this list. The main function of the app is to remind you to inspect your bees. This will help you understand the dynamics of your bees’ health.
Now let’s take a look at some other features of the application:
- Track your hives. The app will store this information and all the comments related to these hives.
- Give the app your location. This will give you a weather forecast. It will tell you if it’s going to rain. It can also send you a warning so that you know in advance.
- Attach photos. The app is a great place to store your photos. Take a photo of your hives and place it in the app. This will also save you some memory.
The application isn’t too popular. However, it doesn’t mean the service isn’t good enough.
Please note the app is pretty big – you will need at least 189 MB of your phone memory.
You can download and use InspectNext for free. Get it now on the App Store.
Apiarist Beekeeper Assistant
Do you like to use good applications for free? If yes, Apiarist is a must for you. It will provide you with a big number of functions at no cost. What is more, there are no ads and no in-app purchases.
Why Apiarist is worth trying? Well, there are some reasons for it:
- There is a great number of cool tips for beekeepers. If you have any questions or doubts, check the app. If you failed to find the answer to your question, add a new question and get new answers from other skilled users.
- Add all the information about your bees: hives, inspections, and the notes that you find important. Don’t neglect notes – it’s a great function to store important facts.
- Use reminders. Sometimes we tend to forget vitally important things. To avoid such a situation, set reminders. You can use as many reminders as you need.
- Export your information. You can do it to share your success or send it to your friends via messengers or emails.
- Check history to analyze the dynamics. The app can create charts so that it will be easy to view and see changes. You can also export such data.
- The app can work pretty well without any connection to the Internet.
The app is rated 4.5 out of 5. Its high rating is proven by a big number of positive reviews.
Unfortunately, the service is available for iOS users only.
If you care about your bees and are afraid to forget something, HiveSmartHQ is the best option for you.
What is especially cool is that this app is free to download. For sure, there are some in-app purchases. However, all the basic functions are free of charge.
Here are the best options that HiveSmartHQ can give you:
- Add all the information about your bees, such as the Queen and her health, the hives, and their location. You can edit it at any time.
- A flexible system of reminders. Set the reminder to inspect your bees. This will help you never forget about what really matters.
- The app will backup all the data you give it, meaning your information will never be lost.
- When you feel like analyzing data, make sure you check reports. These are the reports that represent a summary of your beekeeping process. You can easily print it.
- Use the application anywhere you go. HiveSmartHQ will work without any Internet coverage.
The app is rated 4.3 out of 5. There are many good comments that prove the service is worth trying.
The application collects data about you but it won’t give it to a third party.
HiveSmartHQ can be downloaded on the App Store.
It’s high time you started controlling your apiary! Sometimes beekeepers complain that they find it too hard to keep all the things they need to do in mind. They often use trackers or simply write down important details. But it’s not enough.
This is why it can be better to try BoxyBEE. This is a small but powerful app that aims to make your life easier.
Why should you download BoxyBEE right now?
- It represents all of your hives and apiaries. This visualization will help you to see the whole process of beekeeping and build up a good strategy.
- Monitor your bees regularly. Check them and take photos, which you can store right in the app.
- Set alarms. If you tend to forget things, alarms will literally save your bees’ life and health.
- Export data from the app and send it to others. BoxyBEE can create a detailed report about your hives, adding bright graphs to it.
The size of the application is surprisingly small, it’s 16 MB only. It’s one of the smallest and most elegant apps with such a wide range of functions.
BoxyBEE is completely free of charge. You can get it on Google Play.
Intelligent Hives – Managing Your Apiary
Let’s talk about something useful and intelligent! This is one of the best applications for those who struggle to keep up with the rhythm of beekeeping.
This is a real challenge as you have to memorize many things, such as monitoring your hives’ condition and monitoring your bees. Some people prefer to write down the most important things on paper. However, we often lose these pieces of paper, which often drives us crazy.
The best option is to manage your apiary with the help of a good application, such as Intelligent Hives.
Let’s look at the best features of this app:
- Add your hives to an app. They can be represented as a scheme, a list (give a name to each hive), or be placed on a map. Make sure you try each of these options to see which one is better.
- Great interface. You don’t have to do anything manually, just choose an option out of a list and get a card of each hive. All the buttons are named smartly so you can understand how to use the app at a single look.
- The app works offline pretty well. If you don’t use any external links or integrated services that need the Internet, Intelligent Hives will work properly when you’re offline.
- Take photos to represent what’s going on. You can store the photos on your phone or keep them in the application.
The developers often update the app so if you happen to face any bugs, don’t hesitate to inform them.
The size of the app isn’t too big but it will depend on the device you are using. Usually it requires about 30 MB of your phone memory.
All the stuff is available at no cost, just download the application on Google Play.
Well, you have bought bees and you are ready to become a great beekeeper! However, it’s not enough to have bees, you also need to take care of them, tracking their health and their number.
This is a free application that will be available right after the download. Of course, there are some in-app purchases but they are connected with premium features. The basic stuff remains free of charge.
What is more, the app is very small – you will need 25 MB only to use it.
Let’s look at the best features provided by ApiManager:
- Inspect your hives. This is the most important step in beekeeping. If you tend to forget about vital things, you can easily set any number of alarms.
- Explore great design and user interface. Make sure you try all the features it gives you. One of the best things is its dark theme, which looks elegant and smart.
- Add quick notes and take photos. This is a great way of tracking your bees’ health. You can always check history and compare if things are getting better. You may ask for a report of your hives and then import it. Send the data via email or messengers.
- Create graphs and timelines. This is a good way to clearly see your progress.
The application will remain free when you add less than 20 hives. Should you need more, go premium and enjoy full freedom and advanced statistics.
Unfortunately, the app is available for Android users only.
You can also check: 9 Best Animal Breeding Apps for Android & iOS