12 Best Free Bike Trainer Apps for Android & iOS
If you decide to improve your physical fitness on your own at home, an exercise bike or cycling will be an excellent option for you. And special apps for cycling will help you create the right training plan and develop an idea. Today we’re going to take a look at the best free bike trainer apps.
And for all of you bike enthusiasts out there our website prepared another article: free cycling apps.
CycleGo – is a fitness app that will become your faithful assistant during home workouts. Want to get in shape and lose weight without leaving home? Then this app is for you!
The app is combined with an exercise bike and a treadmill, has a large number of workouts of different difficulty levels, you can choose the level that suits you best
The main advantages of the app:
- A large number of workouts of different difficulty levels
- No additional devices or sensors required
- During the workout, you will be accompanied by voice prompts (you do not need to be distracted by the smartphone screen)
- You have the ability to create your own workouts
- The application works offline (even if you lose the Internet – this will not be an excuse to avoid training)
CycleGo is suitable for both beginners and experienced athletes. Even if you are too busy, you think that you do not have time for training – you are mistaken.
You can choose the duration of any workout (from fifteen to one hundred and eighty minutes). Your loaded traffic will no longer be a reason to stop exercising!
Always on display and audio prompts make it easy for you to follow the instructions of the virtual coach. From time to time you will be supported by real human voices! Downloading and using the app is free. But there are special types of workouts that are available after a subscription.
You may also like: 9 Best Apps to Rent a Bike Near Me (Android & iOS)
Exercise bike – app for interval cardio training on a stationary bike. This app will help you spend your time usefully, namely to improve your physical fitness.
The main point of cardio training is very simple – the alternation of high and low intensity exercises. Interval training on a stationary bike helps you burn more calories, lose weight faster and build muscle.
- During training you will be assisted by voice prompts.
- The app calculates your calorie burn
- During your workout, the app will alert you to changing modes with sound or vibration.
- You have the opportunity to create an individual workout (the app takes into account your abilities and interests)
- The app saves the results of your workouts and further turns it into lists and graphs. This way, it will be easier for you to track your progress.
To start using the app you need to enter your gender, age, weight and height (this is useful for calculating the load and calories burned). Then choose a workout from those offered. Now you need to sit on the exercise bike and follow the instructions of the app. That’s all! Pretty simple, right?
Zwift – is a unique and fun app that will help you turn your bike and treadmill workouts into a game! Want to improve your fitness while playing games on your smartphone? Now there is a way out of this situation.
The app combines the pleasure of video games and the benefits of physical training. All you need is a smartphone and an exercise bike (or treadmill).
- More than 1000 structured workouts and plans are at your disposal. Choose the one that suits you best
- Now you don’t have to train alone. Take part in group bike races and races.
- Now you are not limited by four walls of your house. Can you cycle in the Alps or London, or do you want to run through the countryside? Now you can “travel” while exercising.
- Track your progress with your workout charts. This feature will help increase your productivity and improve your bottom line.
- The app is supported on almost all simulators.
Step into a gallery of exciting game worlds – stroll through London or futuristic New York. Your living room or gym can turn into a desert or ancient Greek ruins, a Mayan temple or even an underwater tunnel!
All workouts are designed by world-class trainers. Given the hints and tips, you can also create your own workout. If you are bored and lonely to study alone, you can take part in a group lesson. Fantasize and use the possibilities of your imagination to the maximum. You can even arrange competitions with other users.
TrainingPeaks – is an app that will not only help runners and cyclists, but also triathletes. Train smart and reach your goals for free.
You have all the tools you need to analyze your workouts and analyze your results, keep track of new trends in sports, track your health and your fitness:
- Record your runs, rides or swims on a dedicated calendar to keep track of your workouts
- After training, you can leave a comment
- Track your fitness, calorie burn and more in one app
- Track your progress with charts and graphs
- Monitor your health while exercising
- Set personal records and get rewarded for them!
In this way, your phone becomes almost like your virtual coach. But if that’s not enough for you, you can find a real accredited trainer in the app who will help you plan your daily routine and training schedule. The only downside is that the app needs internet access to work.
Kinomap – is a stationary bike workout app that allows you to go beyond the room and go on a virtual journey
Now you can train and explore the world around you! Kinomap is an interactive cycling and running app.
The artificial intelligence in the app connects to your device and reacts to tilts and movements. Thanks to this, immersion in the world of virtual reality becomes even more accurate and impressive.
Never again get bored of improving your physical abilities with thousands of exciting routes. If you’re worried that you won’t be able to manage your workout plans on your own, you can find a trainer right in the app.
If your sports equipment is not interactive, don’t worry. You can use the front camera of your mobile device and watch what is happening through the screen.
There are pre-made workouts built into the app, but if you are confident in your abilities, you can develop your own. The app also has a lot of training videos and useful literature.
You can attend group workouts, invite your friends or other users to try out a workout you’ve created. You can even arrange real competitions!
The app can be synchronized with your smart bracelet, in which case you can additionally track the load during training – distance traveled, heart rate during exercise and much more.
You may also like: 9 Best random workout generator apps for Android & iOS
Bike2PEAK Cycling TrainingPlan
Bike2PEAK Cycling TrainingPlan – is an application that will help you improve your fitness or keep your body in good shape.
If you are too busy, if you have never been involved in sports, but want to start exercising, this application is a good solution for you. Family, work, busy daily routine will no longer interfere with you.
If you do not want to invest a lot of money to find a good coach, there is a way out. Bike2PEAK Cycling TrainingPlan will be your free trainer. You will get tangible results in a short period of time.
The workouts in the app are dynamic and adaptive (they adapt to your physical abilities and your schedule. For example, if you find it difficult to do an exercise or feel bad, the app will immediately reduce the load on you. Also, if you miss a workout, the app will make it harder and will add some exercises to the next lesson)
Watch your progress as your efficiency and performance increases during training. Very soon after you start using the app, you will immediately feel and notice progress, become stronger and more resilient.
The app allows you to:
- Mountain biking lessons
- You can also use the app to get ready for a race or bike race.
Rouvy – is an app that will help you take your indoor cycling to the next level. This is a complete multi-functional cycling software that allows you to exercise not only with benefit, but also with interest.
This is a unique app that gives you access to over 4,000 videos (including helpful cycling lessons, tips and videos to help you diversify your activities).
When using the app, you can combine cycling and video games. How exactly? Now we will explain to you. App technologies use advanced algorithms and mixed reality technologies. This means that during training on the simulator you can immerse yourself in a real cycling race – feel like a character in a video game.
- Great access to routes (You can choose any route you like. There are different levels of difficulty. You can safely drive through the park or maneuver between cars, you can drive along a dangerous mountain serpentine or along a dirt path in the forest. )
- Racing. You can take part in real competitions with other users.
- High quality playback. No pixels and bugs, just a clean and bright picture.
You can customize your own character, bringing his appearance as close as possible to your own. So it will be more interesting for you to engage in sports with other users. Enjoy sports to the fullest!
TrainerRoad – is a unique app that will allow you to increase the benefits of your workouts and take your productivity to the next level.
Every workout you do with this app will be much more rewarding than if you did the exercises on your own.
Each activity in the app is based on your physical abilities and preferences (lose weight, burn calories or gain muscle mass). Along with a large library of workouts, users get access to instructions that clearly and precisely explain how to perform certain exercises.
The app is compatible with most exercise bikes. The full list can be found on the official website of the application developer.
- Data about your workload and performance in real time.
- You have access to structured and intense workouts.
- Progress Page – to track your progress and monitor your results. You can leave comments on your workouts and add some of them to your favorites category.
- At your access training plans developed by talented professionals.
There is no need to postpone classes for later – the application will develop a schedule that is convenient for you and will remind you of the upcoming workout every time.
FulGaz – is an app that will allow you to immerse yourself in virtual reality while cycling.
The app allows you to relax and unwind while you exercise. Just choose the virtual world that suits you among one and a half thousand others and start your workout. Beautiful landscapes and exciting routes will distract you and make it easier for you to pedal.
Follow the workout plans our talented trainers have designed for you or create your own, then head out on a casual ride. Synchronize your smart bracelet with the app and monitor your condition in real time. Track distances covered, heart rate, calories burned and more.
In the app, you can make new friends. Go to the profiles of other users and add them as friends, arrange paired workouts or even real competitions.
All videos in the application are of excellent quality. Not only can you connect the app to your personal trainer at home, you can also connect it to your gym equipment.
Thus, you can compete not only with your friends in virtual reality, but also in real time!
Thacx Training – is an app that expands your capabilities and pushes the boundaries of what is possible. Now your simulator will turn into a real bike that can take you around the world!
Take your indoor workouts to the next level. With the help of a smartphone or tablet, the app will give you vivid emotions and impressions from your workout, making it not so boring and monotonous. Just plug in your Tracx Smart bike (yes, unfortunately the app only supports this bike).
Explore the world while doing the exercises. You can choose a ready-made workout or create it yourself based on the recommendations of the trainers.
While riding, the screen will display your speed, heart rate, cadence and after training, all these data will be automatically saved.
The app has both paid and free versions. In the free version you can:
- Train according to ready-made structured plans
- Analyze your results, save them and share with your friends
- Sync workouts across devices (so your trainer can track your performance for example)
You may also like: 33 Best Health Apps for Android & iOS
HR2VP Cycling and Bike Training
HR2VP Cycling and Bike Traning – is an app that will help you distribute the load and take care of yourself not only while cycling on the simulator, but also during outdoor training.
You can exercise indoors on any exercise bike and watch your results. The app can track your heart rate, the speed at which you eat, your cadence, and more.
You can choose a workout yourself or enter your data into the app, then HR2VP Cycling and Bike Traning will select a workout specifically for you, taking into account all your features.
If you want to use the app for outdoor activities, then these features will help you:
- The app supports GPS. At the end of the workout, you can view the distance traveled and the route
- You can also monitor your heart rate, speed and location in real time.
- The app runs in the background
Indoor Cycling Workout
Indoor Cycling Workout – is an app that will give you the most out of your cycling workouts.
The app allows you to create convenient workouts, edit them and track your performance. The app connects to your simulator and independently regulates the required speed and load (based on the workout you have chosen).
After the training is completed, all data will be analyzed and uploaded to the cloud storage (or the application you need). In the app you can:
- Mix workouts as you wish (increase or decrease power, load, etc.)
- The app does not require internet. Everything works offline
- Works on phones and tablets (can be synced across multiple devices)
- You can sync your account with your friend’s or coach’s smartphone so they can keep track of your workout progress.
You don’t have to be exercising to view the workout plan. You can just download it and do it yourself on the street.