7 Best Cat Breed Identifier Apps for Android & iOS
Cats are amazing. These gentle, fun, and sometimes lazy creatures warm our hearts and make life much better.
However, sometimes you might need to identify which breed your cat belongs to. To do it, you need to be an expert in cat breeds. Or get a good application!
By the way, if you are interested in identifying mushrooms, you will like 7 Best Mushrooms Identification Apps.
In this article, you will find the best options for iOS and Android users.
This is one of the best tools to identify various cats. You can use it for little kittens, as well as for big cats. The results would be equally precise.
What is more, the app will still come in handy if you have mixed breeds. In this case, the app will show you the percentage of breeds on a diagram.
Now let’s take a look at the best features you will get in Cat Scanner:
- Identify your cat’s breed. This is the main function of the app. You can take a photo right from the app or upload it from your gallery.
- Share your results with others. There is a big community of people who love cats. You can create a post with the picture of your pet and attach the identification results as well.
- If you don’t have a cat, it’s not a problem at all. You can just scan your friends, relatives, or yourself by taking a selfie. The AI principles will analyze your photos and find the cat that looks just like you.
- Go for a Gamification feature. This option will help you to become a true expert in cat breed. It works like a Pokémon Go. Make sure you try challenges and new tasks every day.
These were the features available at no cost. However, you can also go premium and get even more powerful things. For instance, the scanner will work much faster.
What is more, if you buy a premium subscription, you will also see any ads anymore. This will help you to focus on what matters.
Cat Scanner is available on the App Store, as well as Google Play.
You may also like: 5 Free Flower Identification Apps
Cat Identifier – Cat Scanner
If you were looking for a quick and simple cat identifier for Android, this is a must. Focused on cat recognition, it has no extra options that might distract you. The UI is also cool and minimalist.
Here is what you can do with the help of Cat Scanner:
- Recognize the breed of your cat. To do it, use the camera (don’t forget to give the app this permission) or import the image from your gallery.
- Learn additional info about cats. If you are a cat owner or just going to buy a cat, this is a great option. You can learn about habits, the food you need to give to your pet, and staff like that.
- Create a journal with your favorite cat breeds. It will serve you as a digital collection that will always be there with you.
To use the tools listed here, you need to be connected to the Internet.
What is cool, the database of cat breeds is being updated all the time, meaning it is enriched with every single update.
Cat Identifier (with its basic functions) is available on Google Play for free.
Cat breed identifier
This is a new cat identification app you can try. It has a big database, as well as a nice and friendly UI.
The best thing about the app is that it has only one option – cat breed recognition. No extra options at all!
How can you recognize your cat’s breed? There are two options:
- Take a photo from the application. This is the fastest way of recognition.
- Upload a picture from your gallery. If you already have a photo or you need to identify a cat you have seen on the Internet, this is the best option.
What is more, you can get more info by clicking on a link that will lead you to a site on the Internet.
All the options you will explore are free of charge. Get the app now on Google Play.
Cat Breed Identifier : Kitten Cat
Do you have a cat but have no idea of which breed it belongs to? Then you need this application! It can recognize your cat breed in a few seconds.
Let’s see how the application works and what you need to do to identify it. Here are the best functions you will explore:
- Cat breed identification by a camera. To identify, you just need to take a photo of your pet right from the app. Then the identification will be performed automatically with the help of AI.
- The app also recognizes mixed breeds. This means you can identify any cat you happen to see.
- Communicate with other cat owners. If you have a question or concern about your cat, feel free to ask. The community will be happy to help you.
- Share your cat’s photos. If you feel you want others to see your cute cat, share the picture. In this case, the app works just like a social network, such as Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.
However, there are some disadvantages as well. Even though the database is huge and accurate, we can’t say the same about identification. If the breed is mixed, the identifier can get confused at times.
By the way, if you need to identify animals, make sure you check 4 Best Animal Identification Apps.
Cat Breed Identifier is available at no cost. If you use the free version, you will have to put up with the ads that appear frequently.
Cat App – Meowly Cats
This is one of the best applications you can install on your phone if you have a cat at home. It contains a huge set of options that may come in quite handy every day.
The app has a simple and bright interface that you will understand at a single glance. However, the set of options is also impressive.
Let’s look at the options you will discover in Cat App:
- Try Cat Manager. This is the best option if you need to store the data about your cat in one place. It serves as a diary that helps you to keep track of your cat’s health, habits, and the food it eats.
- Identify your cat’s breed. Sometimes you hardly know anything about your cat. It’s high time you fixed it! Take a photo of your pet and let the app help you.
- Listen to various cat sounds. You can also play them for your lovely cat.
- Check the cat breeds list. In this list, you can study how different breeds vary from each other and what characteristics they have. If you wanted to increase your knowledge about cats, this is what you need to try.
At the moment, the Cat App is available on the App Store only. You can download it for free.
Cats Pedia: Breed identifier
Here comes a great app for iOS users who have cats and need to identify their breed. It works fast and accurately so you can fully rely on the results.
How does the app work? It is simple, let’s take a look at the most famous options:
- Explore the breed cards. Each card contains a short description of a breed, its main traces of character, the food it can eat, as well as many other interesting facts.
- All the content is divided into sections. For instance, if you know for sure that the cat’s breed belongs to England, choose this section and save your time.
- If you have some ideas about what the name of the breed might be, feel free to use the search line. It works just like a browser.
Another nice thing is that you will need about 30 MB of memory to install and use the app.
Please note the app will collect some data about you, such as your location, usage data, identifiers, and some other things. It will be used to track you.
Cats Pedia is free of charge. You can get it now on the App Store.
Cat Pal: Breed ID & Care Guide
This is one of the best applications to identify cats with your smartphone. This is the app that can show you a wide variety of options, including cat breed identification.
In general, there are two options – identification by a photo and care guide. Let’s see what you can do in the app:
- Identify breeds. It is easy with this application – just take a photo and let the Cat Pal analyze it. The whole process will take up to 10 seconds. You can import the image or take a quick photo.
- Take care of your pet. For instance, you can learn a lot about possible dangers that can do some harm to your cat, such as toxic plants.
- Read the encyclopedia about cats. If you need to gain some new info, just read these double-checked facts.
The size of the app is about 50 MB, which is small, if we take in mind the databases it operates.
You can download Cat Pal on the App Store for free.
You can also check: 7 Best Bird Identification Apps