Do you want to keep fit and stay healthy? If yes, you have to pay attention to what you eat. That’s a hard thing to do as we often neglect thinking of food and rarely count how many proteins we consume.
By the way, if you are interested in consuming good food, you should take a look at 7 Best Food Safety Apps for Android & iOS.
In this article, we have collected the best applications for protein calculating. There are nice options for iOS, as well as Android users. What’s more, some apps are free of charge.
Calorie Counter – MyNetDiary
Are you looking for a universal nutrition assistant? Maybe you don’t have enough money r time to visit a doctor? Well, in this case, Calorie Counter is the best choice.
The app is famous for its simplicity and a wide range of functions. Its intuitive interface will help you start at once. Here are the best of these features:
- Log your food habits. This is vitally important to track what you eat. If you miss such a step, you have to chance of fixing bad habits, such as eating junk food or too many sweets.
- Discover a huge food database. When you open it, you will get all the detailed info about meat, fruits, vegetables, and many other foods. Tap on the product to see the description – you will know how many proteins, fats, and sugar are there. This will help you to calculate calories and check if you get enough energy.
- Check shopping lists. It is a challenge to memorize everything you have to buy. This is why creating a shopping list might help you greatly.
- Friendly reminders won’t let you forget about important things. For example, you might forget to drink water regularly or eat good food.
- Explore a huge diet library. It’s hard to know what to start with. This is why following a diet might be a good thing. Browse through many options and choose the diet according to your aims.
- If you are interested in the food you eat, make sure you try barcode scanning. This will enable you to search for the info faster.
- Customize the interface. Try dark mode, change background colors.
The app is compatible with wearable devices, such as Apple Watch. This will help you not to miss important notifications and reminders.
Calorie Counter is available for iOS, as well as Google Play for free. Download and start controlling your diet, including your protein intake.
You may also like: 11 Best Weight & Food Calculator Apps for Android & iOS
Lifesum – Calorie Counter
Are you dreaming of personalized diet that will help you to stay healthy and keep fit? Do you want to build big and strong muscles? If yes, Lifesum is what you need to have on your phone!
The app is truly popular and widely appreciated. For example, it was downloaded by 45 million users.
This app is packed with a great amount of functions available at no cost. Let’s look at some of them:
- Educate yourself. Yes, it’s vitally important if you don’t want to make serious mistakes. Explore a big number of lectures and articles that will help you to know more about nutrition. This will make you understand that healthy eating isn’t just about counting calories.
- You can count calories, as well as macros, such as fats, proteins, and carbs. This will allow you to stick to your tasks and aims. The app will also keep track of the macros and then see the statistics displayed as diagrams.
- Don’t forget about drinking water. Yes, eating is important but water is also crucial, especially when you’re trying to lose weight and stay healthy.
- Discover a wide variety of diets. All of them were created by professionals so you can fully trust them. When choosing a diet, base on your aims. There are great options for people who try to build up strong muscles.
These are some of the basic features meaning you’ll get them at no cost. If you want more, you can always go premium.
Lifesum is available for Android, as well as iOS users. Get it now and start controlling your diet!
Total Keto Diet
This isn’t a traditional protein tracker but it also has such a function. It is one of the apps packed with a surprisingly big set of cool options.
What’s more, it has a simple and elegant user interface making it super easy to get started.
Let’s check what you can do with the help of the Total Keto Diet:
- The main option is a macro tracker, which means you can easily track how many carbs, proteins, and fats you eat daily. When you add a new meal, the app will analyze its macros. You don’t have to do anything, just let the app do it instead of you.
- Explore Custom Meal Plan. Sometimes it’s too hard to decide what you wanna eat the next day. Ok, you can skip it now! With Total Keto, you can just browse through a huge catalog of different meal plans and choose the one you like. Then stick to it.
- If you have never heard about Keto, you might check Beginner’s Keto Diet Guide. This is a small guide that will tell you what is keto and how to stay healthy.
- Make your shopping lists. It is proven that when you have a list of products you plan to buy, you are less likely to buy something you don’t need.
- Check the recipes made by professionals. If you like something, make sure you add it to your favorites and cook them at home.
If these functions aren’t enough, you can always go premium, which will cost you 9.99$ per month. Still, if your main aim is to count proteins, it will be enough to use the free version.
Please note that the app collects some data about you, such as your browsing history, contacts, diagnostics, user info, and some other details. However, Keto doesn’t link this data to you.
Total Keto Diet can be downloaded on the App Store or Google Play.
If you have never tried to keep fit and stick to a healthy lifestyle, you probably need a simple app with a friendly interface. Protein Tracker is one of these apps!
Let’s see what exactly you can do in the application.
- Once you downloaded the app, you can start. Creating a profile will take about a minute. The only thing the app will ask for is your name. Set your goal so that you always know what protein intake is desirable for you.
- Give the app information about what you eat. Just add the name of the meal you ate and that’s it! Protein Tracker has a built-in calorie counter and it knows how many proteins are there. You will just get the result. Sounds perfect!
- You can always go back. If you added some meal by mistake, it will also be counted. Tap on the meal and delete them.
- Review your history to analyze the trends of your diet. This is a powerful tool that will help you to see when you tend to follow the diet and when you skip it.
- See the info in graphics. This is the best way of data representation.
Protein Tracker is free with ads that keep the content available. What is more, this app can boast of an elegant size – 4.3 MB will be enough to install the tracker.
Most users say the app is super simple to use. Indeed, there are no complicated functions, everything is clear from the first glance.
Unfortunately, the app is available for Android users only.
My Protein Tracker
Do you have an old smartphone or tablet and you can’t download a huge app? If this is your situation, then using My Protein Tracker is a good decision.
Its main features are simplicity and super small size – 8.6 MB will be enough to install it on your device.
However, there are many other cool features you will discover in My Protein Tracker:
- Download the app and set the goal. It will depend on what you want to achieve as a result. For example, you might want to build strong muscles. Tell the app about it! It will give you the number of proteins you need to consume daily, monthly, or annually.
- When you already know your desirable protein intake, you can start. Track what you eat by adding your meals to it. If you don’t know which meals to consume, it’s not a problem anymore – just look for good options in the app’s catalog.
- Try a protein calculator. You can choose the type of food you’re going to eat and check your possible protein intake. For example, the app can measure your protein dose when you eat a piece of meat or some nuts. This is a simple tool – you just need to know the amount of food or its weight.
- See the statistics. You can’t change your food habits without analyzing them. This is why check the graphics that represent your daily or monthly protein intake. You can export them from the app or simply send them to other people.
- Create food lists. If you want to eat some food and need to buy the ingredients, the function will come in handy. If you are still afraid to forget about something, make sure you set reminders.
The app is updated regularly. Should you have any technical problems, make sure you contact support.
By the way, if you were looking for good delivery options, try reading 11 Best Food Delivery Apps in USA for Android & iOS.
You can get My Protein Tracker for free on Google Play.
If you are looking for a good and simple protein tracker for Android users, you might take a look at this one. Its main function is to control your protein intake, daily or monthly.
Another cool thing about this app is that it works both online and offline. All the functions will remain the same even when you are disconnected from the Internet.
Now let’s focus on some cool features of this Protein Tracker:
- When you download the app for the first time, you can start at once. On the main screen, you will see the menu. Tap on the plus and add the meal you have just eaten. The app will do the rest instead of you. All the proteins will be counted automatically!
- Enjoy full automation. It will work if you tend to eat the same meal all the time, you can just make settings and never add it again. The app will know about your meals.
- Fix your mistakes. Sometimes you might add the wrong meal because you weren’t attentive or you just tapped on the wrong button. It’s not a problem anymore! You can just tap on the meal and choose ‘delete’. That’s it!
- Give the app some basic info about your body, such as your weight and height. This will help the app to give you relevant recommendations.
- See the catalog of meals. Sometimes you might feel too lazy to make up something new. It’s all right, just see the meals made by professionals and follow the recipes.
Protein Tracker needs 11 MB only to function well. You can download it now on Google Play.
Protein Intake Calculator
If you decided to count your protein intake, you probably know how important these macros are. Indeed, without them, you can’t build strong muscles or get enough energy.
What is more, the interface of the application is primitive. Open and use at once.
The app is packed with a great number of useful functions:
- Find out the amount of protein your body needs to stay healthy. This is very individual and it depends on your body. That’s why give the app your weight and height. Don’t skip this step, as it will make the app’s work more accurate.
- Search for the food reach in protein. You might know that not every meal you eat contains enough protein. Therefore, it’s better to choose the ingredients more attentively. With the help of this app, you can save time.
- All the data represented in this app was checked by professionals so you can fully trust it. There is no need to open Google and search if the tips are correct or not.
The app needs about 3 MB of your phone’s memory and can function well offline. All the functions are free but with some ads.
You can get the app on Google Play for free.
Protein Calculator Fitness App
If you try to build big muscles, you must know about the importance of the right diet. When you eat food rich in proteins you help your muscles grow faster. And vice versa, when you lack proteins, your training process might give you no results.
Let’s see what you can do with the help of this nice service. It is super easy to get started. Just download the app and your profile will be created automatically.
What can you do in Protein Calculator?
- First of all, you have to decide what you want to achieve. Do you want to keep fit? Are you dreaming of losing weight? It doesn’t matter what you want, setting your aim will be the first step in all the cases. For instance, you can set the number of proteins you need to consume each day.
- Enter your body data. This step is crucial as it will help you to estimate the amount of calories you need to consume according to your aims.
- Track everything you eat. In fact, this app serves as a food diary, which can also count proteins.
- Enjoy a simple and accurate analysis. Analyzing your food habits is vitally important for building muscles or staying healthy and fit. The data can be described as a pie chart or diagram, as well as text.
What is more, Protein Calculator is super lightweight – it requires less than 17 MB to operate well.
The app supports 4 languages: German, Spanish, French, and English.
You can download Protein Calculator on the App Store and use it for free.
FoodNoms – Food Tracker
If you are interested not only in protein trackers but also want to study nutrition and learn more about macros, this application might be useful for you.
FoodNoms isn’t just about food. It’s about simplicity, professional recommendations, and a friendly interface.
Let’s see what you might do with the help of FoodNoms:
- Log in and set the info about your body, such as weight and height. This is important for the app to give you accurate and relevant recommendations.
- Set your goals. What do you want? Maybe your dream is to stay healthy or to lose weight. Think about your goals and then set them.
- Log what you eat every day. It’s important that you give the app info about each food so that it can count all the calories, as well as macros, including proteins.
- Learn more about nutrition. Many people don’t know what products can affect your health and body shape. This section of the app will explain to you why eating junk food is bad and why you should eat vegetables every day.
- Try great screen widgets. Not only does it save your time but it also looks super smart. You can place these widgets wherever you want on your screen and access the app fast.
- Scan labels and barcodes. It’s too hard to know what food you should buy to get enough proteins. Just scan the barcode and get all the info you need in a few seconds.
- Nutrition data is really trustworthy. There is no need to check the info once again.
- Customize the app so that it looks great. Try dark mode, which looks very smart.
- Synchronize your data with other health applications to track all the details about your health.
The app tracks your location, purchases, browsing history, and many other things. However, the app doesn’t link that data to you.
FoodNoms is available for iOS users only. Download it for free and start tracking your food habits and protein intake!
You can also check: Is It Vegetarian Food? 7 Best Apps to Determine for Android & iOS